The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is seeking a proactive and organised Finance Assistant to support a portfolio of finance and operations tasks within the GAIN Ethiopia country office.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially the most vulnerable to malnutrition.
About the Role
GAIN’s Finance Assistant role plays an important role in the smooth running of the organization. The Finance Assistant, Ethiopia will provide day to day finance assistance and accounting service support to the Ethiopia Country Office and facilitate the country office’s day to day financial transactions.
Specific Responsibilities include;
- Following up on and handling financial documentation for the Country Office
- Processing purchase or service requisition forms
- Maintaining an efficient filing system for vouchers/financial documentation/receipts and ensuring their timely filing in chronological order
- Scanning and uploading financial documents to the online storage space on a reglar basis
- Ensuring timely settlements of employee income tax payable, pension contribution payable and withholding tax payable
- Receiving service requests for water, electricity and telephone bills; reviewing completeness of the request form and processing the payment for settlement
- Verifying necessary documents and preparing payment requests and present for appropriate approvals
- Facilitating workshops and trainings and effect payment to participants
- Handling Petty Cash fund and effecting payments after the necessary approval
- Preparing Petty Cash Report and Replenishment Request
- Completing Travel Authorizations for CD and Consultants/service providers
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who has proven experience in a finance support and/or administration role in the private/not for profit sector, and who has experience of operational and administrative support for projects of various sizes and scopes. They will have good basic computer skills (especially MS Excel), will have good organisational skills and will have a strong attention to detail. Experience in using Quickbooks, Navision or similar accounting software would be advantageous.
In addition to the above, you will have a Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Accounting or equivalent work experience. Good verbal and written English skills are essential.
About our Offer
The starting salary on offer for this role is ETB 264,544 – 302,840 per annum.
GAIN has a fair and competitive salary structure that allows for annual progression subject to good performance. In addition, GAIN offers a total of 37 days holiday per year (including annual leave, public holidays and additional office closure days), an attractive pension scheme and competitive insurance cover including health, travel and life assurance.
We are committed to the health of our staff, especially in these challenging times, and have developed a programme of wellbeing that includes flexible working, additional leave allowances, wellbeing days, mindfulness coaching and access to independent and confidential counselling.
GAIN also has a strong commitment to professional development. We will support you to grow in your career through both formal and informal training, and are committed to providing opportunities through internal recruitment, secondments and promotion. All of this is delivered in a supportive and collaborative environment.
This advert closes on 26th October 2021. Early applications are encouraged. GAIN reserves the right to close this advert early should we receive suitable candidates ahead of the closing date.
Applicants must have the existing right to live and work in Ethiopia. Please note that GAIN are currently unable to sponsor working visas.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition is committed to equality of opportunity and creating an inclusive environment where diversity is valued. We are keen to reflect the diversity of our society at every level within our organisation and therefore welcome applications from talented and committed people from all backgrounds, representing the diverse societies we operate in.