Splash is an international development organization founded in 2007 and headquartered in Seattle, WA. Our mission is simple: we clean water for kids. To date, we have reached over 800,000 children in cities around the world. In 2019, we embarked on an exciting, five-year initiative, Project WISE (WASH in Schools for Everyone), to reach every government school in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and Kolkata, India with improved water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) infrastructure, WASH behavior change programs, and strengthened school-based menstrual health programs. This multi-donor, $45M Project will benefit one million children by 2023.
Our core values guide everything we do including every hiring decision we make. They are:
- People - People first. People second. People third.
- Quality - Beautiful products that function and last.
- Honesty - No drama, no surprises, no BS.
- Joy - Kids at heart, seeing potential everywhere.
- Mistakes - Make them, don’t repeat them.
To learn more, please visit www.splash.org.
The Finance Coordinator is responsible for overseeing, coordinating, and administering the financial records, systems, and processes of the organization. Implement and supervise financial transaction procedures and systems, to ensure transparent and traceable accounting practices. Define and analyze the project budget to ensure that funds are used according to the funding contracts, proposing corrective actions if needed.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate the accounting and financial practice with all departments for sound workflow.
- Ensure the timely execution and control of monthly/yearly accountancy closure, financial reports, audits, and all service contracts for the project site
- Ensure that Splash staff with financial responsibilities are aware of and comply with local finance procedures and laws.
- Keep accurate records for all daily business transactions in the accounting software
- Review requests for payment documents and ensure the adequacy and sufficiency of supporting documents before payment is made.
- Check daily financial payments in line with organizational policies and procedures by giving due attention to authorization level and budget codes.
- Manage the reconciliation of staff advances, monitor timely reimbursement of balances on working advances, and make necessary entries.
- Prepare accounts payable, receivable schedules in line with the organization’s manual.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports including expenditures by cost center/project.
- Prepare and maintain accurate and up to date payroll records based on salary allocations.
- Record and follow up construction and consultancy payments as per the contractual agreements.
- Keep accurate records of inventory and fixed assets schedules.
- Review the correctness of monthly purchase declaration and E-filing before submitting to ERCA.
- Assist with annual budget preparation.
- Work closely with external auditors during the annual audit.
- Continuously stay abreast with donor policies, IPSAS standards, internal policies, procedures, rules, and regulations; compile and follow all applicable local policies.
- Support in archiving all finance documents and ensuring that they are in safe custody and easily accessible by the finance team.
- Perform other duties as required.
This position reports to our Director of Finance & Operations
- BA degree in Accounting, Finance, and related fields
- At least five years of proven work experience as a Finance Coordinator or similar role
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures and IPSAS
- Experience using financial software
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Knowledge of financial regulations
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
- Proficiency in English and Amharic both written and spoken; knowledge of one or more major local or international languages is an asset.
- You exhibit absolute integrity, honesty, openness, and sound judgment
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Ability to work and collaborate in a team environment, including with remote team members
- You enjoy collaboration and have a genuine interest in learning from and developing others
- Innovative and creative: you constantly seek better ways to accomplish objectives
- You think critically and have demonstrated excellent problem-solving skills
- You have a deep belief in and passion for Splash’s work and the children we serve
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The annual salary for this position will be established at the time of hire and will be reviewed at least annually.
How to Apply
Please use this link to apply for the position : https://splashorg.wufoo.com/forms/finance-coordinator