General Group Beverages PLC was established in 2016 with the aim to take part in the manufacturing industry of Ethiopia in various sectors such as bottled water in which Avante Water is already in the market, Plastic recycling and PET Sheet Factory which will soon be operational, Juice, wet napkins and Alcoholic beverages and so much more which are going to be fully operational in the near future.
It is the finance manager’s duty to manage all financial transactions, from fixed payments and variable expenses to bank deposits and budgets. These duties include auditing financial documents and procedures, reconciling bank statements and calculating tax payments and returns, preparing payroll, updated sales report
The accountant will provide us with accurate quantitative information on financial position, liquidity and cash flows of our business, while ensuring we’re compliant with all tax regulations.
Duties and responsibilities of accountant are the following but not limited to:
- Oversee and supervise the activities of accountants
- Follow up with all accounting transactions
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings
- Make sure all records are up to date
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Ensure timely bank payments
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns
- Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements
- Report on the company’s financial health and liquidity
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary
- Comply with financial policies and regulations.
- Overseeing the flow of cash and financial instruments
- Preparing reports as required by law, regulations or company policies
- Ensuring compliance with applicable laws and procedures
- Reviewing financial reports, monitoring accounts, and preparing activity reports and financial forecasts
- Investigate ways to improve profitability, and analyze markets for business opportunities
Other duties as may arise from time to time and as may be assigned to the employee.
Reports to : The General Manager.
- MA or BA in Accounting from a recognized university.
- Minimum of Five years’ experience in a managerial level. Experience in the manufacturing industry is preferable
- Speaking and writing Amharic and English fluently is mandatory.
How to Apply
Candidates fulfilling the above requirements are highly encouraged to apply by e-mail to [email protected] enclosing your application letter and comprehensive CV or submit the relevant documents to our office
Address: CMC Michael, Zelalem Bldg 2 nd floor (Above Kaldi’s Coffee)
This application is open for 10 days from date of issuance.
Email: [email protected]
For further information call on 0901333322 / 0118228254