Internal/External Vacancy Announcement
REACH Ethiopia is a non-profit local organization established and registered as an Ethiopian Residents Charity. It strives to contribute for community development through implementation of innovative and targeted project interventions to deliver quality health services for disadvantaged communities. Since its establishment in 2013, REACH Ethiopia has implemented community-based TB care interventions and integrated health service projects in Sidama, SNNP and parts of Oromia Regions.
REACH Ethiopia in collaboration with Ministry of Health is currently implementing USAID funded Urban TB LON Activity in 3 largest cities of the country; Addis Ababa, Harar and Dire Dawa. The goal of the project is to contribute to regional effort to achieve END TB 90(90)90 milestone set for 2023 by increasing the quality, access, utilization, and sustainability of TB services in the project implementation area.
Purpose of the job
The Finance Officer supports the Finance and Operations Director in all facets of financial management.
In the organizational hierarchy the Finance Officer reports to the Finance and Operations Director.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Handling of Cash Collection:
- Collects cash from staff and /or others as needed and ensures the immediate deposit of cash collections to the bank.
- Maintains cash collection and other confidential documents in a safe box.
- Prepares Cash Receipt Vouchers and deposit slips and makes timely deposits to respective banks.
- Receives and keeps under custody Cash Receipt Vouchers.
- Ensures proper filling of Cash Receipt Vouchers.
Preparing and Paying of Checks
- Reviews payment requests for completeness (Supporting documentations); proper authorization; compliance to policies and procedures; reasonability of costs; and generally accepted accounting practices.
- Prepares check and /or bank transfer letters based on authorized Bank Payment Vouchers.
- Maintains register of paid check(s) and informs staff and customer when payments are ready.
- Pays checks against collection of receipts and/or signature of recipients.
- Ensures proper filing of Bank Payment Vouchers.
- Cancels all supporting documents with “PAID” stamp.
- Daily records check payments at Bank Register Book.
- Ensures payment of tax to government timely.
- Collects bank advices, bank statements, and other bank correspondences.
- Ensures proper filing of such advices to their respective payment and receipts vouchers.
Documentation and Achieving:
- Handles the proper central filling of all financial documents (CRVs, BPVs, JVs agreements); follow up through “borrowing” and return of financial documents through central “loan” register.
- Labels box files as per the required coding structure of filling.
- Handles the proper filling of financial reports (ledgers, journals, cash transfer requests, bank reconciliations).
- Ensures the safety and the confidentiality of financial documentations under custody.
Other financial roles:
- Assists the Finance & Operations Director with monthly closeout of balances and reporting to the management.
- Handles training/workshops/meeting logistics support to program staff; makes payments for training/workshop/meeting expenses (per diem, hall rent, refreshment etc.)
- Maintains unused checks, cash receipt vouchers, and withholding tax receipts in a locked safe box; ensure also the proper and secured filling of used pad in store.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Finance & Operations Director.
- Assists to ensure that personnel comply with applicable standards, regulations specifications and documented procedures;
- Provides required assistance to prepare HRM required periodic reports and statistics;
- Provides required assistance to ensure proper warehouse management system by establishing/updating catalogue of all property items kept in the general store.
- Provides required assistance to issue stored items based on approved requests by delivering issuance voucher.
- Executes other relevant duties as deemed necessary by the supervisor, other unit heads or Country Director.
Contract term: Full time Position, 1-year fixed term contract
Number of positions: 1
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Management, Business Administration or related field
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience for degree in accounting, finance and administration preferably with an international organization.
- Experience with USG-funded projects specifically in public health related field preferred
- Good command of communications skills particularly attuned to working well with non-administrative professionals.
- Very Good skills in written and oral English
- Very Good skills in QuickBooks, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks or similar accounting software.
How to Apply
Only internal candidates meeting the required qualifications and experience are invited to send their application letter, Updated CV, credentials and summary of relevant work experience in one page to [email protected] within 7 working days from the first appearance of the announcement.
Note: Use "Finance Specialist" as the subject title of your email!