The position is established to plan, analyse and drive all agronomy data requirements (excluding system) including administrative, financial, budgets, BAP/MEMO and sales issues. This includes monitoring and tracking Agronomy KPI delivery as outlined in the ASP. Ensuring a complete adoption and compliance of the Agronomy department to all Agronomy policies and processes promoting use of the system as the main source of information for the entire Agronomy function. This will involve using the current tools being Leaf Point, Business Warehouse, Business Intelligence and Agro Mobility. The scope of this position will cover preparation of templates, scheduled reporting, all associated data anlaysis and data management report submissions to be used in the ASP planning process and for timely and accurate decision making.
1. Coordinate, manage and control all the departmental financial aspects from budget planning through to spend, in line with the ASP, including all initiatives according to the stipulated timelines being monthly, TM1, Jun & Sep LE, TDT and ASP
2. Monitor and report budget planinng vs spend
3. Custodian of the departmental preparation of all BAP/MEMO's attaining support where need be
4. Liaising with other business areas to facilitate efficient invoice receipt, processing and payment to ensure service delivery to suppliers – (Finance Liaison)
Internal Controls – Processes & Procedures
1. Review and develop processes and procedures to ensure the business model is optimized and qualitative information for informed business decision making is available ensuring delivery of top results while continuously seeking for improvements in all processes
2. Management of all contract documents from farmer financing to contracts held between JTI and suppliers
3. Manage and oversee the printing, distribution and full accountability of bale labels as per procedure
4. Manage and oversee the receiving and distribution of all tobacco seed ensuring full accountability thereof as per procedure
5. Manage the preparations and the process for all departmental audits (internal & external)
stems & ASP Process
1. Key coordinator for the ASP process from preparation to submission
2. Support the preparations of all necessary numerical data, graphs and charts by sourcing the required data from the system being LFPT, BW/BI, Origin Fact File, COP workings as required for the ASP
3. Prepare and submit the ASP budgets and HC requirements
4. Play a supporting role in the development within Agronomy of the adoption of a system based structure to ensure data integrity and cleanliness and a one system source of information.
5. Support when required the Power Users and all upcoming system releases while remaining and Argo Power User.
Sales – Pre and post handling
1. Oversee, manage and support the FMS contracting process with TC to ensure a credible and clean database of all contracted farmers, quotas, licences and registrations are in place with TC
2. To be the AHL and TC liasion point for JTI in relation to all contracted growers sales including pre sale file and post sale follow up including attending to sales related queries
3. Supervise, support and oversee the seasonal marketing co-ordinators throughout the marketing season to ensure a smooth marketing process at all market points in Ethiopia
4. Provide support and technical knowledge to TC & AHL processes to enhance further improvements within the systems
1. Report generation and management – readily update and keep the Origin Fact File, Block Plan and all necessary Agronomy reports refreshed with recent data
2. Assist in the calculations and negotiations of crop input requirements through combined analysis of crop performance and evolution of contracted areas and contracted farmers to ensure accurate and timely delivery of quality inputs
3. Preparation of the necessary data requirements for the grower classification exercise
4. Management of Agronomy Shared Folder
5. Organise and lead the Crop Security Program
EHS / IMS
1. Ensure that environment, health and safety hazards and risks relevant to this area of responsibility are assessed and mitigated, that all new employees in their departments have undergone the relevant trainings and inductions, accidents/incidents in his/her areas of responsibility are investigated and reported accordingly
2. Provide health and safety leadership, promote a positive safety culture, actively demonstrate commitment to health and safety, lead by example and play a pivotal role in promoting adherance to all E,H&S policies, ensuring participation in increasing a safety culture within the department by participating in safety initiatives. Conduct frequent safety dialogues and discussions with the Agronomy team and follow up closure of corrective and preventive actions arising from internal external audits and inspections. Enforce safety in the area of Agronomy and continuously improve safety culture of the organization. Enforce the correct usage of Equipment and minimum PPE requirements
3. Support the implementation and improvement of the IMS ensuring effective implementation and operation of IMS and accountable for the Quality, Environment, Energy and Health and Safety outcomes within their areas of responsibility
4. Introduce employees with the appropriate documentation of Quality, EHS and Energy management system as well as with rules for safe work.
5. Play a leading role in the implementation and delivery of IMS in Agronomy by ensuring understanding of the requirements in relation to IMS management, and comply with the requirements of the IMS Procedures.
Motivate, mentor and guide the professional development of the team reporting directly and indirectly to the incumbent.
1. Manage various tasks and projects as they arise and upon manager’s request.
2. Control all costs associated within area of responsibility.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- BA in Accounting or related field from recognized university.
- Fluent in English (Read, write, speak).
- Computer – Advanced Microsoft Office, Leaf Point, Business Warehouse.
- Minimum of 8 years in related field.
Relevant Experience is the experience that is accumulated after graduation.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their application letter, Curriculum vitae and copy of supporting documents only through email address [email protected]
Application email subject shall state the position title and the attached files or documents shall be only in a zipped folder format.
Failure to comply with the guideline may lead to immediate rejection.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information about our company you can visit our website www.ethiotobacco.com Address