Responsible for day to day activities of the implementation and the evaluation of the project. This position has the role of implementing, following up, monitoring and evaluating the program activities, and securing commitments and accountability for FSL results in the implementation area.
Ensure correct beneficiary selection procedure and criteria are use during beneficiaries targeting process
Ensure any feedback from beneficiaries or target communities correctly collected and shared with coordinator, are responded to appropriately or raised with FSL manager, Advisor or Manager if needed
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Job specific roles and responsibilities
· This position has the role of implementing, following up, monitoring and evaluating the program activities, and securing commitments and accountability for FSL results in the implementation area.
· Responsible for FSL day to day activity implementation in Dawa Zone
Work closely with FSL Project Assistants, local government line ministries and the communities in the planning and coordination of Save the Children FSL Activity Under FFO project
· Provide regular report and updates to the Project Manager regarding on project activities from the Field
· Ensure correct beneficiary selection procedure and criteria are followed by the FSL Facilitator, community mobilisers and committees;
· Ensure any feedback from beneficiaries or target communities shared by FSL Project Facilitator and the community members are responded to appropriately or raised with Project
· Coordinator, and Take any Advisor or Manager as needed
· Support FSL Facilitator in the planning of their day to day activities;
· Coordinate with FSL Coordinator and field finance team, field logistics in the planning of cash distribution activities.
· Ensure that beneficiaries are adequately communicated about project activities and plans, including distribution date and conditions required for verification.
· Training of FSL Facilitator and data collectors on PDM tools and price monitoring tools and regularly check the quality of information collected
· Provide regular progress report to the Project coordinator as per the requirement
· Prepare monthly and quarterly plans for monitoring, review and quarterly and annual project reports and plans
· Be fully aware of how far the project fulfils child rights in terms of SCI’s strategic and thematic plans. Ensure that Child Rights programming is effectively incorporated into all aspects of SCI’s work
· Organize meetings to sensitize communities about the purpose and modalities of the food security and livelihoods project
· Insure all Document relevant distribution data (Beneficiary List, Master list are well Completed and Corrected)
· Participate and lead selection of beneficiaries for the different Criteria
· Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
· Works closely with implementing partners to oversee quality of work and provide technical support
Technical Support role
- Support communities to increase their knowledge and skills through training, exposure and joint actions
- Strengthen community self-mobilization through their leaders for participation in their planning, implementation and monitoring of activities
- Share latest development ideas and appropriate technologies to community members/groups
- Share information on support and cooperation opportunities with communities and other stakeholders
- Use a variety of extension methods, which are suited to the situation, and build the capacities (knowledge, and skills) of communities and GoE extension agents
- Promote constructive customary mechanisms and institution building with in communities
- Promote adoption of approaches that leads to sustainable development
- Build communities’ management skills in analysis and reflection processes, setting goals for improvements, planning implementation steps, taking action, and monitoring progress
Supervision/Monitoring/Coordination and documentation role
- analysing, tabulation, documentation and dissemination data collected by FSL facilitators
- Acquire accurate information about pastoral families/households, their problems, needs and capabilities as well as changes and trends in the communities, including their driving factors and impeding forces
- Develop a simple and sustainable supervision and monitoring system to guide the communities in monitoring project activities with collaboration of FSL facilitators
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
· B.A/BSC degree in agriculture, livelihoods, rural development, economics or related field
· At least 2 years of proven experience in livelihoods, NRM and DRR, food security, and/or emergency livelihood/food security interventions in NGOs or similar organization in pastoral areas
· Strong Knowledge for Cash Transfer Modality and Selection Criteria
· Substantial experience in managing team, coordinating, mobilizing community, planning, implementation, supervision, monitoring and reporting
· Proven ability to manage a complex and demanding workload
· Excellent Report Writing and English proficiency skills
· Experience and knowledge of pastoral context preferably Somali region and knowledge of Somali language is advantageous
· Good advocacy, communication, presentation and facilitation skills
· Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to train and mentor staff
· Work experience in diverse international NGOs is an asset
· Ability and willingness to travel and work in rural areas where the project is implemented
· Ø Qualified Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITY
· Position holder must have good interpersonal skills & excellent team player
· Knowledge of the local language (Somali language)
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. The duty station of the position holder will be in Moyalle Woreda of Dawa Zone Somali Regional State in Ethiopia. This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education, and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
How to Apply
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/ careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants who meet the MINIMUM requirements should apply using the
on or before 13 May 2022