Responsible for the project’s day-to-day implementation at the community level. Works closely with grass-root level gov't counterparts & community representatives. Also ensures active community participation and proper targeting of beneficiaries. Provides overall technical, and organizational support and plays a facilitation role in communities she/he is assigned, including technology and best practices, awareness creation and linkages, and behavioral change through education, information, and communication. She/he supports people’s empowerment, collective action, and solidarity. Facilitates and encourages the active participation of and networking between individuals and communities in recognizing problems, identifying solutions, and implementing project activities related to the identified solutions. Establishes and maintains close working relationships with communities and community organizations in her/his working area in order to ensure that the messages are disseminated and understood at all levels. Build capacities of the community and institutions
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Community/FSL facilitators are responsible for mobilizing the community for the intended program
· Responsible for FSL day to day activity implementation at Woreda and Kebele level
• Sensitize communities on project objectives and activities;
• Work closely with the project officers, local government offices and the communities;
• Ensure beneficiary selection procedure and criteria are understood by the community and followed by the targeting committees
• Ensure any feedback from beneficiaries or target communities is shared timely to project
Officers and that they are responded to appropriately or raised with the Program Manager and Field Office Manager If Needed
• Support in conducting any FSL-related assessments and relevant data collection and analysis based on needs identified.
• Coordinate technical and logistical arrangements for the Project activities at the community level, engaging community groups and structure and liaising with County government staff supporting the project through technical capacity.
Prepare and follow up on a day to day and weekly activity plans
• Provide regular reports to the project officer regarding the progress of project activities in the respective operation areas;
• Coordinate with project officers and field finance team in the planning of cash distribution dates and locations.
• Ensure that beneficiaries are adequately communicated about project activities and plans, including distribution date, location, the cash delivery mechanism, required forms of verification and identification, the amount of cash grant received, and the duration of the transfers;
• Understand PDM tools and price monitoring tools and ensure that appropriate procedures, processes, and quality standards are met in the collection of data;
• Undertake any other FSL related tasks as assigned by the line manager;
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- University degree/Diploma in Social sciences, economics, development, food security and livelihoods, nutrition, agriculture/livestock production, or related field.
- Extensive and proven experience in the implementation of Cash Transfer Programs, livestock-based livelihoods activities,
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in implementation of Food Security and Livelihoods Project Including Cash transfer
- Excellent planning, coordination, facilitation, and reporting skills, with the ability to organize and manage a substantial workload. Experience in working with and coordinating with multiple stakeholders including the government will be an added advantage.
- Strong communication, people management, and interpersonal skills, with experience in working within multicultural, multi-location, value-driven teams.
- Computer literacy, particularly in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Commitment to Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding and other global policies, and values.
- Excellent understanding of child rights programming.
- Qualified Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITY
· Position holder must have good interpersonal skills & excellent team player
· Knowledge of the local language (Somali language)
· Ø Qualified Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. The duty station of the position holder will be in ( Moyalle, Hudet, Qadaduma, and Mubarak, Woredas of Dawa Zone Somali Regional State in Ethiopia . This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education, and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
How to Apply
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/ careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants who meet the MINIMUM requirements should apply using the
on or before 13 May 2022