The gender and social inclusion expert (GSIE) is stationed in the region where the project is operating. S/he is responsible for overall gender mainstreaming and social inclusion in the SA project in the intervention woredas.
Main tasks of the GSIE:
- Lead the project team in gender mainstreaming throughout the SA process to ensure gender equality and social inclusion;
- Provide technical and coaching to SA project staff to facilitate key gender and social inclusion activities (e.g., gender analysis, tool application etc.) and collaboration with key stakeholders at woreda level;
- Plan own activities in coordination with the PC and M&E officer, including joint monitoring and technical support trips as needed;
- Ensure safeguarding the organization staff, target community groups and stakeholders from sexual abuse, exploitation and other forms of harms
- Participate in a regular reporting, identification and documentation of rtelevant gender practices;
- Support the PC to prepare grantee participation in regional and local meetings for gender and social inclusion related advocacy;
- Participate in and provide input to learning and capacity development events organized by the MA – actively network with GSIEs of other SA projects, and roll-out agreed gender and social inclusion actions to the project team; Participate in monitoring visits either planned by MA, govern mentor and development partners.
Report to: SA Project coordinator
Terms of employment: one year contract with possible extension
Place of work: Addis Ababa with frequent travel of the organization project site
Number of vacancies: one
Minimum qualifications and skills:
- BA in gender, social inclusion, sociology or related field
- Five years experience with gender and/or social inclusion
- Potential and willingness to develop strong training and facilitation skills
- Strong determination to work on gender and social inclusion.
- Proven knowledge on safeguarding children and adult at risk
- Good networker with other GSIEs
- Willingness to spend significant time in the woredas
- Proven English speaking and writing skills
How to Apply
Interested applicants who fulfill the above requirements (each position) should submit their CVs and relevant documents with 5 consecutive days starting from the date of this announcement to the Administration and Finance Department through
Please mention the position you are applying for on the subject of your email.