Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing Technical and financial proposals for gender-related Assessments, feasibility studies, training, and project evaluations.
- Preparing training materials targeting beneficiaries, data collection tools, and train Enumerators for data collection.
- Lead the data analysis and draft report for any assessments, project evaluations, and research studies.
- Performing a gender audit, reviewing policies and practices globally on Gatepath assigned program areas, and assessing the implementation of existing gender policies and strategies.
- Work within the development team, in particular the rural livelihoods, nutrition, and health teams, to ensure that a sound gender analysis informs program design and management, and identify strategic actions to be undertaken to improve the quality of program implementation.
- Provide technical assistance to partners in assessing the strength of their approach to gender mainstreaming across the program cycle.
- Provide advice on appropriate gender-sensitive indicators in the performance measurement framework and support colleagues in the monitoring and reporting of program results/outputs and objectives against agreed indicators.
With this background and context in mind, the Gender specialist should have an experience in Project Evaluation objectives;
- Assess the relevance of the Clients organization’s contribution to Integrating Gender in various program interventions;
- Assess the effectiveness and organizational efficiency in progressing toward the achievement of Integrating Gender in various program interventions
- Assess the sustainability of the intervention in achieving sustained engagement of women in various program interventions;
- Analyze how the human rights approach and gender equality principles are integrated in the implementation of the project;
- Identify and validate lessons learned, good practices, and examples and innovations of efforts that support the Integration of Gender in Peace Support Operations.
- Lead Mid-term and final project evaluations in the thematic sector.
- Develop concept papers and proposals in the thematic sector when needed
Key competences, technical background, and experience required
- Master’s degree in the social sciences (i.e. sociology, demography, psychology, political science, social policy, economics, etc.), public policy, public health;
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant experience related to international development and gender equality is required;
- Proven skills in research and analysis. Experience and demonstrated track record with undertaking desk research, literature reviews, and consolidating findings;
- Experience and skills with project planning, organizing information, and engaging relevant stakeholders;
- At least seven years of planning, reviews and/or evaluation experience, five years of which in planning/reviews in development programs related to human rights, gender, and results-based evaluations;
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to synthesize complex information in written papers, reports, presentations;
- 4 years’ Experience in leading consulting works such as KAP, assessments studies, and project evaluations.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, and work in a high-pressure environment.
- Responsiveness to deadlines and deliverables, and ability to work independently and flexibly;
- Fluency in English required; knowledge of another UN language an asset
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants can share theirCV , cover letter, and 2 samples of any assessment/feasibility study report to: [email protected]
Note: Use "Gender and Youth Specialist" as the subject of your email!