Job Title: Gender-Based Violence Project Coordinator
Purpose of the job
The GBV project Coordinator will be accountable for the formulation, design, planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluation of WVE supported emergency programming, with a focus on child protection and GBV prevention and response. This work will be undertaken within the context of the broader WVE response to the IDP and humanitarian crisis work. The Child Protection/GBV Coordinator will also support the coordination of other emergency programming (health and nutrition, education) as relevant within the WVE response to emergency crisis work.
Communicate World Vision's Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an exemplary to others.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Lead the preparation of ongoing situation reports, periodic updates and analyses, by compiling and analyzing data, and related information on overall IDP, returnees and humanitarian crisis in the target area, with a specific focus on child protection/GBV, and prepare written inputs accordingly to inform effective program planning, development and management
- Undertake regular field visits to project areas and IDP/returnee sites, to assess local conditions and monitor progress.
- Collect information; identify problems and constraints in order to ensure effective project delivery.
- Design, prepare, monitor and evaluate projects in the child protection (CP)/GBV sector in partnership with civil society and government actors
- Monitor, analyses and evaluate project results to ensure achievement of objectives and take corrective action when necessary.
- Ensure application of standards, guidelines and good practices for child protection in emergency related activities
- Participate in meetings with relevant coordination forums, local authorities, other actors and donors to discuss and represent WVE’s work
- University degree in social work, sociology, psychology, child protection systems strengthening as it relat Master’s degree in social work, sociology, psychology, child protection systems strengthening as it relates to government institutions, learning and development, or other relevant fields.
- Relevant experience in child protection and related areas, program/project development and management is required
- Proven experience in designing and implementing child protection trainings to a variety of stakeholders, in particular to national authorities.
- Knowledge and experience in application of international technical guidelines and standards in Child Protection.
- Knowledge of and ability to implement integrated CP responses, including Gender Based Violence.
- Awareness of or interest in community based protection mechanisms.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Direct case management and experience working with children and adolescents is an asset
- Complete Travel and/or Work Environment statements if applicable.
- Office-based with frequent travel to IDP returnee Woredas
Place of Work : Harerge CPO Tulo
Salary: World Vision has an attractive salary and benefits.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to fill the employment application form (you can get this form from http://docs.ethiojobs.net/wve-jaf.pdf and email on or before the closing date of this announcement to [email protected]
World Vision Ethiopia is a child focused Organization and is striving to keep children safe and is committed to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for this position.
Note: We do not receive hard copies