INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
EngenderHealth envisions a gender-equal world where all people achieve their sexual and reproductive health and rights. We believe this is essential for ensuring all people can achieve their full potentials. To achieve this vision, we implement high-quality, gender-equitable programs that advance sexual and reproductive health and rights
EngenderHealth seeks applications from well-qualified and experienced candidates to serve as Gender Youth and Social Inclusion (GYSI) Advisor for its SIDA funded “ A Rights Based Approach for Enhancing SRHR” project in Addis Ababa
Gender Youth and Social Inclusion (GYSI) Advisor
Ethiopia, Addis Ababa.
PROGRAM(S) / DEPARTMENT(S):
Right Based Approach (RBA) Programme
COST CENTER CODE(S):
REPORTS TO (Title Only):
Associate Project Director
UNION SALARY LEVEL:
$18,336 - 26,430.60/annum
The Gender Youth and Social Inclusion (GYSI) Advisor will provide technical guidance and support to the EngenderHealth (EH) Ethiopia Country Program particularly the Rights Based Approach for enhancing SRHR project and will ensure women, youth, and other underserved populations are prioritized into all country program activities. They work with the Country office program/technical team and with global office; to develop and implement evidence based GYSI interventions and assist the country office to integrate these programs into other programmatic areas with focus on empowering women, young people and other vulnerable population and addressing their SRHR needs including on SGBV. The advisor will be responsible for development/adaptation and implementation of GYSI analysis, work plan, training materials and tools for use within the organization, projects and partners. She/he will be responsible for designing and implementing SRHR activities and programs for in school and out of school adolescent and other underserved adolescent/youth groups. She/he will also represent EngenderHealth at relevant platforms related to gender, youth and Social inclusion. They will also identify, document, disseminate, adapt, and replicate best practices related to gender, adolescent and youth interventions in Ethiopia. S/he will ensure that all EngenderHealth programs/projects in Ethiopia (particularly A Rights Based Approach for Enhancing SRHR project) activities are evidence based and strive towards realizing gender and youth transformative change.
- Provide strategic and technical guidance in the contextualization of EngenderHealth’ s Global Gender, Youth and Social Inclusion strategy, framework and tools for the country
- Work closely with local HR, program and operation staffs to develop country contextualization, GYSI orientations and ensure GYSI policies and initiatives are integrated at workplace and into country program interventions through training, mentorship and supervision
- Design/develop innovative strategies and approaches that help EngenderHealth/Rights-Based Approach for SRHR project and its partners strengthen Gender, AYSRH, referral linkages and service delivery.
- Provide technical assistance, competency-based CSE and gender-related trainings to government and CSO partners, in school and out of school young people, teachers, law reinforcement bodies and health care providers.
- Strengthen stakeholder response to SGBV at national, regional, the district, health facility and community level through training and mentorship to ensure interventions to prevent, identify, refer and manage SGBV at different levels are streamlined.
- Assist country program teams to self-assess the degree of gender, youth and social inclusion, using EngenderHealth’ s GYSI Marker, analyze results and provide inputs to enhance transformative approaches for gender and youth programming
- Collaborate with senior CE/SBCC advisor to implement strategies to enhance gender equality, male engagement and meaningful youth participation in project activities.
- In collaboration with EngenderHealth KM/ME&R and other team, participate actively in identifying, carrying out potential operational research, establish data and evidence on gender, youth and social inclusion interventions.
- Represent EngenderHealth and provide technical assistance on GYSI and AYSRHR at relevant government, non-government and private sector platforms at national and local level.
- Work closely with the Business Development teams and Global GYSI team for developing and conceptualizing new GYSI focused projects and program portfolio for Ethiopia.
- Document best practices and lessons learned in implementing gender equality and youth development activities in the project and share for inclusion in the quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports.
- Compile/produce and ensure timely submission of (monthly, quarterly, semiannual and annual and as needed) reports
- As assigned, represent the country program at appropriate technical working groups and partner’s meetings;
- Carry out other EngenderHealth assignments as may be required and as directed by the project director, technical advisors and mangers at the country office.
ENGENDERHEALTH PROVIDES THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS TO ITS REGULAR STAFF
- 15% of Basic salary as Transportation Allowance
- 20 days’ vacation
- 3 personal days
- 20 days paternity leave
- Additional paid time off for Adoption & Marriage
- Medical coverage up to ETB 10, 000/immediate family member (spouse, children)/ year
- Life insurance coverage up to three times annual salary up to a maximum of $250,000
- Employee Assistance Program
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in gender studies/ or other social science with master’s degree in public health or Bachelor’s degree in health related fields with master’s degree in Gender studies or other social science related fields with minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in International NGO setting
- Demonstrated capacity and experience in designing and managing GYSI and SRHR programs/projects/interventions.
- Experience with and understanding of the Ministry of Health, Women’s, Youth, Children’s, and Ministry of Education with commendable understanding on the Education system and the health service delivery systems.
KNOWLEDEG, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- In-depth knowledge of gender transformative approaches, meaningful youth participation, male engagement and SGBV.
- Commendable knowledge on women, adolescent and youth and other vulnerable population with energetic and enthusiastic approach to work with such dynamics group.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and demands, establish priorities and work effectively in a deadline driven environment; accuracy and attention to detail in the performance of duties is of critical importance.
- Outstanding ability to interact with young people, experts and collaborators across multiple disciplines, program areas, and cultures with exceptional ability to lead, mentor and support teams.
- Fluency in written and oral English with ability to articulate and presents ideas, opinions and information in a clear, concise, structured and convincing manner for the intended audience.
- Exceptional analytical skills, interpersonal, teamwork, and partnering skills.
- Computer literate, with knowledge of Windows applications, including Excel spreadsheets
How to Apply
Interested and well-qualified candidates can submit their application & CV through http://www.engenderhealth.org. There is no need to send your credentials at this stage.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this position
EngenderHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, creed, ancestry, citizenship, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, political belief, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristic or status under applicable federal, state and local laws.
EngenderHealth complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in the United States in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
EngenderHealth is committed to safeguarding all people, particularly children, vulnerable adults and beneficiaries of assistance from any harm that may be caused due to contact with EngenderHealth. This includes harm arising from the conduct of staff, associates and partners; and the design and implementation of programs and activities.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person(s) assigned to this job. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed and assigned.