USAID Eliminate TB (ETB) is a five-year USAID-funded project with the goal of reducing TB incidence and mortality by improving the quality, access, utilization, and sustainability of TB services. This project builds on the work of previous USAID activities (Challenge TB, HEAL TB, TB Care, and others) that have been supporting the National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Program (NTLP) to achieve the Millennium Development Goals (MDG) and STOP TB milestones. USAID ETB’s support focuses on improving access and utilization to quality and patient-centred comprehensive TB services.
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is a global health non-profit organization that makes foundational changes to health systems to protect people from diseases and improve their health. MSH collaborates with local partners, from Ministries to communities, to strengthen and complement existing health systems. Since 1971, MSH has worked in more than 150 countries to help and ensure sustainable, resilient, and equitable access to quality health care around the globe.
Reports to: Program Assistant-Receptionist
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only Ethiopian national candidates can apply for the position. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station.
Overall Responsibilities :
The Office Assistant is responsible for cleaning offices, office furniture and equipment’s. She/he also delivers messages between offices in the organization. She/he prepares and provides refreshments to staff members and visitors during meetings and office hours.
Specific Functions And Responsibilities:
Responsibility #1 Cleaning And Keeping Cleaning Materials
- mops, scrubs and polishes floors
- Cleans and disinfects toilet, bathroom fixture and floors and replenishes supplies
- Empties and cleans ashtrays and water containers, and disposes rubbish
- Cleans areas surrounding buildings such as paths and entrances
- Ensures careful handling of office equipment and machines while dusting and cleaning
- Ensures sinks and toilets are in good working condition regularly
- Check and avail supplies such as soft papers and soap at the toilets regularly
- Keeps equipment and materials supplied for cleaning in good order
- Waters indoor plants regularly, follows up its growth and safety
- Checks messages at offices routinely and delivers messages, documents between offices
Responsibility #2 Refreshment Services and others
- Provide photocopy service after approval by the concerned authority
- Undertakes photocopy, duplication and binding of documents
- Makes ready and serves tea, coffee or soft drinks in the assigned places
- Properly handles kitchen wares and supplies such as tea, coffee, sugar, etc.
Responsibility #3 others
- Checks that all lights are put off and offices are properly locked before leaving the premises.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 10 th grade complete
- 1 year experience required
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English language
- Proven integrity and good human relation and cleaning skills
- Responsible, trustworthy and reliable
- Physical fitness and willingness to work under pressure.
- Ability to operate scanner, fax machine and photocopy machine
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application/ motivation letter enclosed with only detail CV written in English as per the link below before November 26, 2020 at the latest, referring the position title and Vacancy number in the subject line of your email; no photocopies of educational/training certificates is required at this stage; applicant who doesn’t follow the required application procedure will automatically be disqualified from the competition.