Amhara Development Association (ADA) is an indigenous not-for-profit organization established in May 1992. ADA emerged as a local Non Governmental Organization to contribute to the economic and social progress of the people of the Amhara National Region. The major objective of ADA is to support the development endeavor of the people and government of Amhara region through gap filling activities so that development needs could be addressed in favor of disadvantaged population. Amhara Development Association/ADA/ created access to quality education for more than 250 thousand children through construction & furnishing of school buildings; ADA has been establishing and strengthening preprimary education. Thousands of adults have read, written and counted because of Functional Adult learning Programs it conducted. ADA has constantly intervened to improve the health of women, girls and children in rural areas through community based RH, nutrition and construction of health facilities. This has been true for more than two decades by the association. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Grant, Finance & Admin Director. The selection of the final applicant is subject to USAID approval. With this condition, Amhara Development Association would like to invite potential candidates to apply for Grant, Finance & Admin Director position.
Essential Job Functions: Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Director will manage the Cooperative Grant Award based on USG/USAID/PEPFAR rules and regulations;
- will manage sub-awards of LIPs, preparing budgets, manage program staff, monitoring expenditure, and analyzing financial data & performances;
- will insure standards and quality of grant management;
- will build the capacity of LIPs, internal system, community structures, and facilities to manage the grant in line with USG/USAID/PEPFAR requirements;
- will keep financial records of grant recipient and LIPs.
Employment type : full time (Contingent upon final approval of USAID)
- Masters Degree in Accounting, Finance
- 10 years experience with in 5 years of practical and direct experience on USAID /PRPFAR program grant management focusing on HIV, OVC and care & treatment services is preferred.
How to Apply
Women are encouraged to apply; Opened for Ethiopian Nationals only.
Interested applicants should send non-returnable C.V., other credentials and application letter outlining how your experience and education fit the respective vacancy, your interest in serving as a member of the Program Staff in this position, your availability to serve in this position soon after the selection process is over and also your availability to the Program on a full-time basis for the term.
Apply in person at our Office in Bahir Dar or via email: [email protected]
· Please copy to: [email protected]
Applications must be submitted within 7 consecutive working days starting from the posting date, on working days, Monday to Friday, and during working hours,2:30 – 11:30 local time.
Submissions after the deadline will not be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.