- Help us end avoidable blindness in Ethiopia
- Assist us to strengthen local health systems
- A new country strategy built on true partnerships
- Leading International Development Organisation in the area of eye health
- 3 positions based in Addis
The Fred Hollows Foundation is one of Australia’s most respected and trusted international development organisations whose vision is to end avoidable blindness and ensure the work of Fred Hollows lives on.
Ethiopia is one of The Foundations largest funded programs, focused on the Elimination of Trachoma. Up until now our program has focused on the complex and direct delivery of services to help those in need. With strong foundations in place, we are now looking to enter into a new phase of our programming building on the work that we have already done.
In line with the priorities of the New Global Strategy, the next phase of our program will see us moving towards a system strengthening approach ensuring the work that we do, is sustainable and integrated within the local health system. Moving forward we will focus on the following key areas;
- Support and Strengthen the health systems – integrating trachoma into broader eye health services
- New Comprehensive Eye Care Programs (cataract, diabetic retinopathy, Uncorrected Refractive Error (URE) and trachoma)
- Sustainability – through increased investment and support we will work hand in hand with local governments
About the Position
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Finance & Grants Officer is responsible for the preparation of financial reporting and accounting duties of The Fred Hollows Foundation Ethiopia. Working closely with the Finance manager, you will provide support across all financial functions ensuring compliance with FHF Finance, Procurement and Logistic policies and procedures, as well as Donor and Government requirements.
Specific areas of responsibilities include:
- General Accounting
- Budget forecasting and reporting
- Partner Support and capacity building
- Supporting and overseeing Audits
- Compliance and statutory obligation
About You! To be successful in this role, we are seeking someone with the following experience and skills
- At least 5 years working experience in a similar role within a recognized NGO.
- BA Degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- High level of computer literacy with sound knowledge of financial accounting software and spreadsheet packages.
- Solid knowledge of full-cycle accounting principles, financial systems, budget/cash-flow monitoring and internal accounting controls.
- Knowledge and use of SUN systems.
- Sound knowledge of current legislation and regulatory requirements relevant to INGOs in Ethiopia.
How to apply and who to contact
Applications can be made by clicking apply, completing the online application form and attaching an up to date resume and letter of application.
Alternatively, If you would like further information please contact our Talent Acquisition Team via email at email@example.com
Applications Close : 20th August 2019
To be eligible to apply for this position you must have the appropriate right to work in the country where the job is located.
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas where we work. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child safe environment.
The Fred Hollows Foundation – Ethiopia (FHF-E) has been registered and licensed by The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia Charites and Societies Agency in accordance with Charities and Societies Proclamation No. 621/2009, and certificate number 2985, on 4 March 2013