We are a global team of experts and innovators tackling some of the world’s most pressing health challenges. We work with leaders and change makers around the globe to bring health strategies to life. We provide ideas, advice and technical know-how that enable our partners to build a path to lasting change.
With 30 years’ experience in global health, we collaborate with our partners to explore existing evidence, combine expertise, scale up ideas and co-create solutions that accelerate change. This includes collaborating on policy design, managing initiatives, building powerful coalitions and galvanising social movements. Our impact is felt across whole communities, with a focus on women, girls and those who have been marginalised.
As part of MSI Reproductive Choices, all our profits go back into supporting MSI’s own mission of children by choice, not chance.
We believe in a world where everyone can access the high-quality health services they need, without financial burden.
The UK Government (Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office – FCDO) has a vision of a world free from Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting (FGM/C) by 2030, in line with the SDGs. A programme has been established entitled ‘Support to the Africa-led movement (ALM) to end FGM/C’ to contribute to global efforts to achieve that vision. The programme co-creation period started in 2020, and programme implementation began in September 2021.
The programme supports and builds the capacity of the Africa Led Movement to end FGM/C at multiple levels and at scale, working in partnership with the rest of the FGM/C movement, complementing UN agencies (such as the UNFPA-UNICEF Joint Programme on FGM/C), Saleema initiative, other alliances (such as Girls not Brides etc.) and grassroots Civil Society Organisations (CSOs), women’s and girls’ movements, etc.
Options seeks a Grants Officer in Ethiopia to provide support with the financial management and monitoring of grants as part of the Programme’s granting component, ensuring compliance with all internal and donor policies, promoting high quality, timely and cost-effective programme delivery through a consortium approach and following the highest safeguarding standards.
Summary purpose and objective of role
- Support the Grants Lead with the small grants scheme setup: application, review, selection process, and tracking and monitoring systems. This may include communicating with relevant stakeholders and potential applicants
- Oversee overall progress of the grantee’s implementation against budget, simultaneously coordinating with the Grants Lead and the wider grants team, to have an understanding of implementation progress, including progress against the workplans and performance objectives
- Support the implementation of capacity building plans for grass roots grantee organisations.
- Support the capacity assessment and capacity building of grantee organisations.
- Continuously support grantees’ cross-learning by facilitating and capturing best practice and knowledge sharing.
- Support the MEL team in closely tracking and monitoring awarded grants against MEL plan targets.
- Undertake routine on-site monitoring visits to grantees
- Applicants must possess at minimum Undergraduate degree in relevant subject area (public health, business, Finance or the social sciences)
- Significant experience in managing programmes and grants, with a proven track record in disbursing grants directly to grassroots organisations in remote and diverse contexts, across a multi-country programme (minimum 4 years)
- Proven experience in designing robust granting mechanisms from inception
- Significant financial management experience, as well as budgeting, work planning, and fraud prevention and management
- Fluency in English (spoken, written, reading)
- Working proficiency in French (spoken, written, reading) is desirable
- Experience of close working relationships with partners and consortia is a plus
- As an equal opportunity employer, Options Consultancy Services is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage or civil partnership. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified candidates from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Options Consultancy Services.
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.
Applicants must have the right to work in Ethiopia