MAIN OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
Provide outpatient and/or inpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients/beneficiaries health conditions.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
• Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
• Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
• Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits, consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
• Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
• Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patient’s illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
• Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
• Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are always followed and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensure professional confidentiality is respected.
• Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility according to MSF HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary.
• Provide personal, family and community orientated comprehensive primary care medical services to individuals. As part of the general practice team he/she is responsible for providing patient-centered, culturally appropriate, and individual holistic care to the target population.
• Work closely with the nursing team, the midwifery team, the clinical officers, the HP team to provide clinical guidance, assistance education and support.
• Attendance at regular peer review meetings in accordance with the project guidelines (Data sharing meeting, Mortality review,…)
• Daily OPD consultations for all patients, including children under 5 with SAM and complication and other communicable diseases. The objective is to provide quality treatment and ensure the best, appropriate, medical care available in this context.
• Referral of cases: Based on clinical diagnoses identify patients in need of secondary health care and ensure timely referral to the governmental health structures and other actors in the area, through proper communication with the referral team.
• Ensure that patients files are completed appropriately and legibly, with good documentation of clinical findings, vital signs monitoring, investigations, referrals and treatments.
• Ensure rational prescribing, utilizing the prescription guidelines and MSF protocols and participate in the analysis of rational use of antibiotic.
• Refer and liaise closely with the multi-disciplinary team, (HP, psychologist), to address patient needs.
• Follow the MSF protocols, and guidelines, whilst also keeping up to date with other relevant guidelines which might influence your management of patients (e.g Telemedecine).
• Ensure accurate and timely data collection and engage in audits and file analysis.
• Ensure good communication with the line manager and team, aiding to the effective management of the patients and a collaborative working environment.
• Ensure prompt recognition and involvement of line manager for patients with severe complications needing urgent management.
• Follow the universal precautions (asepsis and hygiene) and the waste management procedure (sharp waste, contaminated waste).
• Actively engage in trainings and meeting conducted or arranged by MSF.
• Additional tasks
• On request perform any other additional duties given by the immediate supervisor in order to allow the organization to function optimally
Medical Doctor diploma Desirable diploma in Tropical Medicine.
2 year experience minimum as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work (can be within medical training). Desirable in tropical medicine, or post-registration experience in Public Health , obs and gynae, pediatrics, A, infectious diseases, HIV/AIDS/STDs, TB, general practice, general medicine or minor surgery.
Mission language essential. Local language desirable.
Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
• People Management
How to Apply
All applicants should send their application files (composed by CV, cover letter, educational records, work certificates and copy of ID card) via Ethiojobs OR by email to [email protected] OR give their application file in person to MSF Spain GUJI Gatluak KUEYLUAL or Teshome TADESSE .
IN ANY CASE, NAME AND POSITION SHOULD BE CLEARLY MENTIONED
Posting date: 8 th of May 2021
Closing date: 18 th of May 2021 (5PM international time).
ANY UNCOMPLETE APPLICATION AND/OR
ENVELOP WITHOUT NAMES+POSITION AND/OR
EMAIL WITHOUT NAME+POSITION IN THE SUBJECT
WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
WOMEN AND PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES (compatible with the nature of work) ARE STRONGLY ENCOURGAGED TO APPLY!
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Copies of CV + supporting documents are non-returnable. Phone calls are not allowed.