Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
MSF-Spain has the following vacant position:
Title: GUJI: PHARMACY TECHNICIAN
Place of Work: GUJI / Sababoru with displacements in the zone
Salary: According to the new salary grid MSF
Contract: 6 months with possible extension
MAIN OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
Supporting the drug supply management in the designated facilities under the supervision of the Mission Pharmacy Manager of the project and according to MSF health policies and protocols, in order to contribute in the guarantee of the proper management and distribution of drugs and medical devices
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
• In cooperation with the Nursing Activity Manager (NAM), assisting in the supervision, management and control of the medical stock in the project in order to avoid ruptures, losses and gross overstock of drugs and other supplies and overseeing and monitoring its storage conditions
• In cooperation with the NAM and the Pharmacy Supervisor, assisting on a monthly basis with preparation and approval of order requests, ensuring they are completed in timely manner to prevent unnecessary orders in between. Following up on drug ruptures.
• In cooperation with the Pharmacy Supervisor and other MSF team members, assisting in the supervision, management, follow up and control of medical/supply stock in the MSF office, expat houses, and MSF cars. This includes physical count, ordering and monitoring of expired dates.
• Assisting with the collection of consumption from facilities on at least a monthly basis and collecting data about number of patients. Cooperating with and assisting the NAM/MAM Hospital/MAM Outreach and Midwife Activity Manager in all related monthly reports, and under the Pharmacy Supervisor, communicating and providing medical data to relevant MSF team members
• Improving and following up the monitoring systems in place.
• Supporting the MoH counterparts in their responsibilities regarding monitoring of drug consumption, stock management and preparing/receiving orders.
• Perform cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Following the user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning.
• Assisting in preparing and organizing training sessions for MSF staff.
• Providing programs continuity during supervisor’s absence and handovers; sharing knowledge of program with incoming staff in a timely, accurate and efficient manner
In brief, MSF proposed a project that will provide essential primary health care to at least 72,586 people, of which 24,028 of them are IDPs for two years, with an emphasis on reproductive, maternal and child health, the project will focus on improving access to quality preventative and curative health care services, lifesaving services to pregnant and lactating women and children.
The location of the project will be Sababoru, targeting the HC Darme as a core facility with 24/7 services with secondary health care capacity. And 15 kebeles for outreach with a clear referral mechanism to 4 less equipped HCs and from them to Darme HC and further referral to Hawassa or Negele hospital. The targeted areas and population will be in phases. April we target 6 kebeles, June start service at Darme HC and September the rest 9 Kebeles.
The Pharmacy Technician in Guji Project will support Project pharmacy Supervisor by performing administrative tasks such as running the cash register, filing paperwork and tracking inventory.
General objective: The Pharmacist Tech is responsible for the overall smooth operation and management of medical stocks in Guji Project ensuring good stock control and ordering, and accurate distribution of drugs in the different departments.
· Responsible for proper stock management in the Project pharmacy and the dispensary in Darme Heath Center.
· Supports and supervises the Pharamacy Store Keeper in the Project Pharmacy.
· Monitors rational drug use according MSF guidelines and gives feedback to clinicians (MD, Clinical Officers) after discussing with the NAM and Pharmacy Supervisor.
· Ensures that all stocks use consumption tools, stock cards and monthly consumption overview appropriately.
· Ensures that all stock movements are in accordance with the MSF-OCBA supply manual and standards.
· Ensures that all stocks are stored in correct conditions, in correct place, on labeled shelves.
· Ensures that the stores remain clean, tidy and that access is tightly controlled.
In Darme HC:
· Coordinates all Darme HC departmental orders and distribute drugs/materials in a timely manner.
· Maintains minimum stock levels in MSF Wardher Health Center dispensary.
· In the Pharmacy dispenser, ensures accurately dispenses the prescribed medicine and explains to the patients how to take the prescribed drugs and ensures the patient understands.
· Cross checks with the consultants any doubt about drugs prescription or dosages/usage.
· Prepares the biweekly order for the Darme pharmacy from Sababura warehouse, according MSF protocol.
· Responsible for checking the quantity and quality of goods received from MSF warehouse and to follow-up any orders not fulfilled.
· Updates stock cards in timely manner.
· Keeps clear consumption records and reports from all MSF supplied departments.
· Compares the department request with the consumption on weekly basis, together with medical supply responsible (MSR).
· Reports potential ruptures on weekly basis to medical supply responsible and informs the departmental supervisors about ruptures.
· Supervising the Pharmacy Store keeper by checking all expiry dates on monthly basis and record all items which will expire in the next 6 months.
· Maintaining pharmacy’s safety by adhering to infection-control procedures, policies and regulations.
Qualified pharmacist technician
• Working experience in stock record keeping of at least 6 months is essential;
• Experience collaborating with local pharmacy systems (MoH and private) is an asset
• Demonstrable experience in supervising and training others in a team setting
• MSF experience
Mission language essential; local working language would be an asset
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Good computer skills: MS Word, MS Excel
• Results and Quality Orientation L1
• Teamwork and Cooperation L1
• Behavioural Flexibility L1
• Commitment to MSF Principles L1
• Stress Management L2
How to Apply
All applicants should send their application files (composed by CV, cover letter, educational records, work certificates and copy of ID card) by email to [email protected] OR drop their application file in person in the letter box at the gate in the Guji Project Office IN ANY CASE, NAME AND POSITION SHOULD BE CLEARLY MENTIONED
Posting date: July 3, 2021
Closing date: July 16, 2021 (5PM international time).
ANY INCOMPLETE APPLICATION AND/OR
ENVELOP WITHOUT NAMES+POSITION AND/OR
EMAIL WITHOUT NAME+POSITION IN THE SUBJECT
WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
WOMEN AND PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES (compatible with the nature of work) ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Copies of CV + supporting documents are non-returnable. Phone calls are not allowed.