Provide support to the mission by assisting the Head of Mission in the administrative part of coordination
tasks, ensuring a smooth relation with local and national authorities, contributing to the context analysis
and follow-up, providing translations and interpreting in order to facilitate coordination tasks in the
This position is for 3 months with possibility of 1 year extension
• Assist the HoM in the context analysis, disseminate relevant context information to the coordination
team, regularly inform them on key issues, update general information on the context for MSF
internal documents, and advise on cultural appropriateness of organisational activities and individual
• Keep good knowledge of counterparts in different administrations and file field contacts (other NGO’s, UN agencies, local authorities…) verifying that they are easily accessible in order to facilitate
• At the request of the HoM, represents MSF in meetings (NGO, official bodies, administration…).
• Ensure the follow up of relevant administrative dossiers such as the MSF registration in a country, working permits, immigration policies, national protocols, etc.
• At the request of the HoM, prepare and conduct an information briefing focusing on the country context for International, Regional and Relocated Staff.
• Translate documents and act as an interpreter when needed.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities:
OCB left Ethiopia in 2013 and is in the process of reinstallation. Early 2021, the registration process has started and, for the time being, OCB operates under the OCBA umbrella. As any new mission, all is to be set-up: facilities, team, procedures, importation process, networking, security analysis, etc…
As a start, a first project has been opened in SNNP Region (see below project context) until the registration is completed but further needs could be identified within the coming periods. Therefore, the opening of other project(s) could be soon a reality.
Due to the context, the SNNP Region has recently experienced an increased displacement of people and the outbreaks of several diseases and therefore an increase on medical need.
MSF is currently running medical and logistics activities in Konso zone, Alle Special Woreda, Derashe Special Woreda, Amaro Special Woreda and Burji Special Woreda. MSF Oficces are located in Karat Town. However, MSF will adapt its strategy and activities according to the needs. For this reason the MSF team needs to be flexible and may have to work in others places that the ones mentionned above
MSF is an independent, neutral and impartial organisation that is providing quality medical care free of charge regardeless the ethnic origin of our patients, so to both local and refugee population.We ensure that our staff is aware and respect the cultural differences of our patients and colleagues.
University level studies or similar.
Previous experience in humanitarian aid, preferably with MSF. Essential, very good understanding of the functioning of the different administrations on the local country (critical).
Mandatory: good command of both English and Amharic
Mandatory: Computer literacy
• Results and Quality Orientation
• Teamwork and Cooperation
• Behavioral Flexibility
• Commitment to MSF Principles
• Stress Management
How to Apply
All applicants should send a CV, a cover letter, educational records, work certificates and a copy of national ID.
Application can be submitted/ sent:
- by email: [email protected] (please indicate on the subject box: the vacancy title and your name )
Posting date: 26/02/2021
Closing date: 11/03/2021
MSF Belgium promotes the EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION.
We strongly encourage women and people with reduced mobility (able to work in remote places) to apply.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Copies of CV + supporting documents are non-returnable. Phone calls are not allowed.