FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender equality, youth, research, technology, communication, and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development and humanitarian challenge in more than 70 countries . FHI 360’s Crisis Response team is responding to the humanitarian emergency in Amhara, focusing on emergency health, nutrition and WASH activities to support the goal of reducing morbidity and mortality.
Under supervision of the Health Coordinator, the Health & Nutrition Officer is responsible for overseeing all start-up health and nutrition activities under the FHI 360 sub-office. They will be responsible for providing managing Health and Nutrition staff, sub-office coordination, cross-sector collaboration, and general management of the sub-office Health and Nutrition implementation. They will provide technical guidance to ensure that program implementation adheres to appropriate international technical standards and guidelines are technically sound.
· Support the Health Coordinator and Nutrition Coordinator in facilitating the process of establishing smooth and fulfilling work relationships with line government offices and their implementing arms.
· Ensure a timely startup of planned Health and Nutrition activities. Specifically, start-up of Mobile Medical Units, facility based primary healthcare, and integrated CMAM into health services.
· Lead sector monitoring and conduct periodic needs assessment to keep up to date information that will inform FHI 360’s humanitarian efforts.
· Represent FHI 360 at various levels of both Health and Nutrition platforms including local cluster or sector meetings and its technical working groups.
· Support and guide field assistants in closely and daily following up Health and Nutrition related interventions.
· Supervise and produce progress reports on implementation of sector activities based on sector indicators.
· Track spending against all planned sector activities and ensure they are implemented within the budget frame and in compliance with FHI 360 and donor requirements.
· Draft internal and external reports in English at required intervals.
· Support in processing relevant written external communications as required.
· Work closely with other FHI 360 units including WASH, Protection, logistics and finance, HR and administration to ensure effectiveness, efficiency and compliance.
· Act on behalf of the Health Coordinator during their absence.
CONTRACT LENGTH : 3 months with possibility of extension
REQUIRED AND DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
· At least 5 years of national work experience in the field of nutrition or primary health care programs, including emergency and humanitarian response.
· Advanced degree in medicine or Master’s in Public Health or equivalent
· Previous experience supporting primary healthcare
· Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO).
· Fluent in local language and excellent in English.
How to Apply
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360's Career Center for a list of all open positions. And interested candidates are encouraged to email their updated resume and cover letter with 'Health and Nutrition Officer-Bahir Dar/Dessie in the subject line as one document to [email protected] .
FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
Women applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted