With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
- Build government capacities and integrate mental health care for emergency survivors in PHCU health services and in community mental health support groups
- Provide capacity building training to healthcare providers on Psychosocial first aid
- Support outpatient consultation at all project supported health centers in the targeted woredas and visit health facilities
- provide follow-up supervision and monitoring to ensure that MHPSS interventions are implemented correctly
- Facilitate the referral of people with special needs to Health and nutrition service delivery points and referral of undernourished children to stimulation programs to reduce the chance of developmental disability and to enhance child development
- Support HDAs and community members to create a community platform to provide self-help group and access to a range of supports, including psychological first aid, to people in acute distress after exposure to an extreme stressor.
Duration of the contract: 8 months
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
Previous work experience at least 2 years as a member of Mobile Health and Nutrition Team with NGOs.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
Public Health/Nursing with minimum of two years relevant experience for degree holders and four years of experience for Diploma holders. Additional certificate on Emergency Drug Kits, PHEM, MHPSS and IPC for Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) is an asset.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
Travel and/or Work
The position requires willingness to be Woreda-based and with frequent travel to visit to the outreach locations Physical
The duty station of the post is Woreda based in one of the woredas in Kiremu, Gida Ayana and Guto Gida in East Wollega zone and in Guliso, Kiltu Kara, Mana Sibu in West Wollega zone of Oromia region
Language Requirements English and local language
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only