SILAFRICA is East and Central Africa’s PREMIER plastic company that provides a wide range of plastic products and solutions to a substantial and diversified client base that includes Industries, institutions, governments and Homes
To facilitate compliance with Occupational Safety and Health, laws, policies, regulations, rules and procedures. To establish and maintain a safe workplace according to legal standards, company polices and fosters a culture of health and safety
Responsible for the overall planning and implementation of occupational safety and health and environmental programs at the workplace in line with law and company standards.
- Review the existing policies and measures and update them according to legislation ensuring that the company has the relevant licenses and adequate insurance covers
- Investigate, evaluate incidents posing or are likely to pose safety risks, accidents, dangerous occurrences and injuries that may happen at the workplace and plan desired change and measures to prevent future occurrence.
- Assessing risks and possible safety hazards of all aspects of operations and recommend mitigating actions.
- Supervise staffs’ compliance with health and safety rules and recommend corrective action in case of non- compliance.
- Preparation, submission and follow up on workers’ compensation claims.
- Organize and coordinate continuous education and trainings on safety and health for employees including statutory trainings.
- Liaise with law enforcement and other investigators who may be present at the time of serious accidents
- Identify, vet and recommend authorized Health and safety, carry out Annual Health and Safety and Environmental audits
- To be the Secretary to the Health and Safety Committee.
- Human Resources Manager
- BA Degree in Business Administration, Business management and equivalent
- Proven experience of three years as Safety Off
- In depth knowledge of relevant legislation.
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous practices and materials
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Diligent with attention to details
- Excellent communication and organization skills
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their application letter, Curriculum vitae and copy of supporting documents only through email address email@example.com and the application should be before the application deadline.
Application email subject shall state the position title and the attached files.