|Company||:||Dugda Children’s and Family Charitable Organization|
|Company Name/ Contact Person||:||Dugda Children’s and Family Charitable Organization|
|Job Title||:||HIV SERVICE SPECIALIST|
|Date Posted/Updated||:||Thursday, September 24, 2020|
|Application Deadline||:||Monday, October 5, 2020|
Organization: Dugda Children’s and Family Charitable Organization
Internal / External Vacancy Announcement
Dugda Children’s and Family Charitable Organization(Dugda CFCO) is a Partner of ISHDO and would like to recruit interested and qualified applicants for the post of HIV SERVICE SPECIALIST Position for the Family-focused HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment Services project implemented by Dugda CFCO.
Position: HIV SERVICE SPECIALIST
Required Number: one (1)
Reports to: HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment Services project Coordinator
Duty Station: Assela /Meki Town
Term of Employment: One year with possible extension based on performance and Availability of Budget
Salary: Birr 18,155.00 with an attractive benefit
HIV Services Specialist:- Will ensure the overall technical and programmatic quality and growth of Health and HIV/AIDS portfolio, will lead current knowledge of PEPFAR guidelines and standard interventions and approaches to HIV testing and counseling, health system strengthening, referral networks, ART, and retention, OVC, HIV co-morbidities and prevention/control of other related infectious diseases. The Specialist will be managing the project using PEPFAR data systems and will have experience in the strategic use of data for project management and improvement. Together with the M&E Specialist and other relevant staff members, the specialist provides technical guidance and support to Health service Officers in the design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of effective to HIV and AIDS services.
• Ensuring strong collaboration with the Woreda or Town Health Bureau and National Program for Prevention of HIV.
• Support the strategic planning and decisions for the team to increase access to HIV care, treatment, prevention, and community-based activities;
• Ensure and as needed improve the quality of HIV care, treatment prevention, community-based activities
• Ensure and as needed improve the Prevention of Mother To Child Transmission (PMTCT) community-based activities
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders
• Promotes teamwork and cooperation needed for the success of the project
• Represent system HIV services to the community, public health, and HIV/AIDS service agencies,
• Ensure adequate availability and patient access to beneficiary services across the system
• Prepare and submit regular and timely performance reports to the Project coordinator
• Oversee technical assistance and capacity-strengthening activities on HIV for staff to enhance program quality and impact.
• Supervisory knowledge, skill, and understanding of the National and Global Health Agenda, including an AIDS-free generation, the UNAIDS 95/95/95 goals, and its targets of Ending HIV by 2030.
Interested applicants should submit in person with the non-returnable application together with CV and Copies of a credential document to Dugda CFCO Main office Meki behind Telecommunication or with email address [email protected] within 10 days of the first appearance of this announcement for more information cell phone 0910005668 /0923719781
Qualification and Experience:
• Master’s degree in public health or degree in medicine or nursing and 5 years of experiences in clinical HIV treatment or HIV testing service delivery.
• Experience in expanding access to essential comprehensive HIV and AIDS services
• Specialized knowledge and demonstrated expertise in comprehensive HIV and AIDS services which are necessary for strengthening service delivery is required.
• Previous work program/project management experience, directly or indirectly, with USAID, PEPFAR, or other USG health programs required.
• Experience and a good understanding of the Ethiopian health care delivery system including networking of the facility and community health system/the Urban Health Extension Program, providing services to PLHIV in the community is required.
• Experience in managing a project team composed of several technical experts and fostering teamwork is required.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to make sound judgment and decisions and offer innovative solutions.
• Good presentation and facilitation skills.
• Written & oral communication skills in A/Oromo, English, and Amharic are Mandatory.
• Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented, and results-oriented.
|City||:||Assela / Meki|
|Min. Monthly Salary||:||ETB 18155.00|
|Max. Monthly Salary||:||ETB 18155.00|