Organizational and Program highlights
Mekdim Ethiopia National Association (MENA) is registered non-governmental organization. MENA has been funded by USAID Ethiopia under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) initiative to implement a three years Family-focused HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment Program in Addis Ababa. The Program will be implemented by MENA in partnership with different local implementing partners. The activity aims to accelerate and sustain HIV epidemic control in Ethiopia through the delivery of high impact Family-focused HIV prevention, care, and Treatment implementation areas are selected from A.A town 10 Sub Cities.
The purpose of this award is to strengthen local HIV epidemic control to achieve 95 percent of individuals living with HIV know their status, 95 percent of persons living with HIV to initiate antiretroviral therapy and 95 percent of antiretroviral therapy clients achieve viral load suppression by 2020. HIV mitigation services for vulnerable children will focus on case discovery and linkage to HIV treatment among undiagnosed children living with HIV, on achieving better health outcomes through HIV viral load suppression and establishing interpersonal, family and community norms to achieve HIV and violence prevention (9 to 14-year-old children).
The HIV Service Specialist will be the technical expert for activities related to strengthening the comprehensive community-based HIV and AIDS treatment, care and support services, ensuring standards and quality of care, liaising with relevant advisers on health-related strategic information. S/he provides guidance on scientific, policy and practices associated with community-based HIV and AIDS treatment, care and support services. Together with the M&E and other relevant staff members s/he provides technical guidance and support to sub- awards in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of effective to HIV and AIDS services.
- Collaborates in implementing the overall project objectives strategies, budget priorities and operational plans of the project
- Lead activities that will improve engagement and retention in care for PLWHA
- Support collaboration with healthcare providers, public health entities and relevant community-based organizations as appropriate to achieve the project goals
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal external stakeholders
- Promotes teamwork and cooperation needed for the success of the project
- Represent system HIV services to external agencies, community, public health and HIV/AIDS service agencies,
- Assure compliance with project HIV service standard and procedures other regulatory standards
- Ensure adequate availability and patient access to beneficiary services across the system
- Contribute to annual plan and budget preparation which aligns with the goals and objectives of the project
- Oversee development and utilization of grants to ensure effective use project resources
- Prepare and submit regular and timely performance reports to the COP adhering to USAID reporting requirement.
No. of person required - 1
Required education and experiences
- A minimum of BSc degree is required, preferably with degree in Medicine, HO or Nursing degree and Mater of Public Health with ten years of experience in clinical HIV treatment or HIV testing service delivery
- Experience in expanding access to essential comprehensive HIV and AIDS services is desirable.
- Specialized knowledge and demonstrated expertise in comprehensive HIV and AIDS services which is necessary for strengthening service delivery is required.
- Previous work program/project management experience, directly or indirectly, with USAID, PEPFAR, or other USG health programs required.
- Experience and good understanding of the Ethiopian health care delivery system including networking of the facility and community health system/the Urban Health Extension Program, local NGOs and other Civil Service Organizations providing services to PLHIV in the community is required.
- Experience in managing a project team composed of several technical experts and fostering teamwork is required.
- Ability to coordinate multiple assignments
- Skills in determining priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills and positive professional attitude
- Ability to represent the project in a professional manner at all times
- Excellent written and communication skills in English language
- Skills in MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV and application letter through the organizations email address http://www.mekdimethiopia.org/content/vacancy within 7 consecutive days from the date of announcement.