African Network for the Prevention and Protection against Child Abuse and Neglect (ANPPCAN) – Ethiopia is an Local Civil Societuy Organization re-registered with the Federal Agency fo Civil Society Organizations under registration number 0385 and working on Child Protection. ANPPCAN-Ethiopia is going to implement a USAID/PEPFAR funded project called “Family Focused HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment Services” and Gondar town, Metema, Dabat and Debark Woredas of Amhara Regional State in Collaboration with Amhara Development Association (ADA). Hence, ANPPCAN- Ethiopia invites competent and interested applicants to applay for the following positions
Terms of Employment: One year Contract with possibility of extension
Roles and Responssibilities:
HTS Specialist is responsible to the overall HIV testing services , new case identification and linkage to ART services by customizing new testing and case identification strategies that are applicable to PEPFAR/USAID community HIV prevention, care and treatment program. S/he should work in collaboration with different government and private health facilities, PLHIV associations, community based associations and partners in order to boost up the HIV testing services within the program catchment areas.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- MA/MSC, BA Degree in public health, Nursing, Medicine or other health related fields with a minimum of 4/6 years of progressive HTS experience in similar settings respectively; at least 3 years experience have to be on PEPFAR/ USAID funded programs for HIV/AIDS, preferably in an NGO setting..
- Outreach experience in targeted testing focusing on highly vulnerable children and care givers.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with local government, community and public health facilities, private sector entities, and local community structures. An interest in the wellbeing of children and in safeguarding and child protection matters
- Having a Certificate on new HTS algorisms is a must
- Drawing and documenting lessons, best practices and writing success stories.
- Basic knowledge, skill and understanding of the National and Global Health Agenda, including an AIDS-free generation, the UNAIDS 95/95/95 goals, and its targets of Ending HIV by 2030.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants fulfilling requirements for the above mentioned positions should send non-returnable copies of the following documents: CV, copies of Degree and Work experience certificates and related testimonies with 3 references. Applicants have to mention the Positions they would like to apply for clearly in their cover letter. Telephone number of the applicant should be stated on the application. Please send your application to [email protected] or in person to the following address within 7 consecutive days from the date of the announcement.
ANPPCAN-Ethiopia Gondar Project Office, near Walya Capra Hotel
ANPPCAN-Ethiopia, Gondar project Office, P.o.Box 1265, Gondar
For further information, it is possible to call to phone number 0918703397
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Women are highly encouraged to apply
ANPPCAN-Ethiopia, North Gondar Project Office