Project Mercy Ethiopia is an international non-profit humanitarian organization working in different regions of Ethiopia to improve the well-being and livelihood of people in rural communities. We seek an experienced candidate for the post of Hospital Administrator for our hospital in one of our program sites located at Gurage Zone, Meskan woreda, Yetebon.
Principal Duties includes:
- Planning, organizing , directing and controlling the day to day operation of the hospital;
- Providing for the protection of patients health, safety and wellbeing;
- Act as liaisons among management, medical staff, department heads and the community;
- Maintaining appropriate staff to meet patient’s needs;
- Developing and implementing procedures for quality assurance, patient services, medical treatments, department activities and community outreach programs
- Develop procedure for investigating suspected abuse, neglect or exploitation of patients and protecting patients;
- Providing appropriate response to reports from the appropriate organ;
- Coordinate and facilitate volunteer and exchange programs;
- Serve as focal person for the hospital in dealings with governmental or non-governmental bodies
- Perform any other duties related to the post.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Good communication skills
- Problem-solving skills/ critical thinker
- Decision-making ability/ quick thinker
- Ability to motivate employees
- Ability to lead and work in a team
- BSc in health facility management, Master of Public Health (MPH) or any other health related education with business management degree/masters.
- 4 years for BSc with health facility management, 2 year for Master of Public Health (MPH) and 6 years’ experience for health professional with business management.
- Experience as Hospital Administrator and rural health experience will be a plus
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send their application together with a scanned copy of their supporting documents to [email protected] on or before the deadline.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.