People in Need is a non-governmental, non-profit organization founded on the ideals of humanism, freedom, equality and solidarity. We consider human dignity and freedom to be fundamental values. We believe that people anywhere in the world should have the right to make decisions about their lives and to share the rights expressed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
The People in Need organization was established in 1992 by a group of Czech war correspondents who were no longer satisfied with merely relaying information about ongoing conflicts and began sending out aid. It gradually became established as a professional humanitarian organization striving to provide aid in troubled regions and support adherence to human rights around the world.
Throughout our over 26 years of its existence, People in Need has become one of the biggest non-profit organizations in Central Europe. In addition to humanitarian aid and human rights, it now also targets education and helps people living in social exclusion.
We are part of Alliance 2015, a strategic network of seven European non-governmental organizations engaged in humanitarian aid and development projects. This collaboration increases effectiveness, both in working in the target countries and in campaigns aimed at influencing the attitudes of politicians and the general public in Europe. In our over 16 years operation in Ethiopia, has focused on projects in five main areas of interest: Education and Social protection, Environment, Livelihood and Agriculture, Water, sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Emergency programs.
PIN currently invites applicants for the position of: HR Admin
Length of Contract: indefinite
Required Number: 1 (one)
The HR admin is responsible for implementation of HR procedures and effective delivery of HR administrative services. S/he applies HR policies, rules and regulations, maintains transparent HR administrative processes (HR planning, recruitment, hiring, on-boarding and induction, evaluation and capacity development and contract termination) and ensures correct administration of the HR documentation. S/he conducts field visits in order to provide support with HR processes implementation and HR administration.
HR Admin is the source of information and always has most of the HR information available.
The HR Admin specific tasks are:
- Creates and updates/maintain documentation of all staffs in hard and soft copies
- Ensures all staff Personal folders are archived according to the Personal folder checklist (both in hard copies and in ELO);
- Make sure new employee fulfils the necessary pre-employment document (ID, photo criminal free, guarantee, CVs, Bank information, family information for insurance, guarantee etc)
- Ensure all the necessary documentations are fulfilled during termination,
- Ensure all HR necessary documentations are properly submitted from all staffs including field offices in a timely manner
- Create Contact and vender card/ID number on the first day of new staff
- Archive all staff’s contracts and amendments and other documents as per PIN ELO archiving manual on timely manner
- Maintain HR database of staffs, ensure it is regularly updated with staff details and collect the necessary documentation on time
- Prepare staff information for Payroll, reports and other issues as requested by HRC/M.
- Maintain all staff leaves Data base (i.e. annual leave, compensation leave, sick leave, maternity leave etc.)
- Check all leave requests are property approved and archived in their personal folder (hard copy) and elo (soft copy)
- Regular update departments their respective annual, compensation and other leave status/balance.
- Checks balance of unused annual leave days and share the information and concerns to HRC/HRM as well as to respective supervisor of the concerned employee on time.
- Prepare attendance and time sheets, ensure correct record of data (signed by employee and approved by supervisors and use other key notes on the attendance sheet.
- Include new and exclude out (terminated/resigned) staffs from attendance sheet and also communicate and guide concerned field staffs to do the same on filed attendance sheet
- Ensure all PIN staffs attendance and time sheet are submitted as per attendance checklist and archived in hard copy and also on elo accordingly.
- Communicate and follow up field staff’s attendance management and ensure timely submission, ideally before preparation of payroll
- Provide attendance sheet during audit and other purpose up on approval of HRC/HRM
Staff insurance administration:
- As a focal person, handles employees’ insurance claims receive medical documents from employees (checking whether it complies with legal requirements as per the insurance policy and ensure employee uses insurance claim submission form at all PIN offices.
- Send staffs refund claim to insurance, collect the refunds from insurance and distribute to employee through bank or to best possible ways
- Maintain staff’s insurance data base in soft and hard copy; and record inclusion to and exclusion from insurance policy.
- Support and follow up field staffs and field focal staffs (logisticians) in insurance administration
- Handle staff’s insurance related enquires and respond them accordingly and communicate the issue to immediate supervisor.
- Support assessment and renewal of insurance policy
- Issue and keeps updated ID cards for staff and provide the ID to employee on time
- Ensures that staff contact list is updated in monthly basis, uploaded on ELO and share to all staffs and expats in the country
- Write letters, certificate of works, letters, Memos, notes etc,
- Scan and copy HR related documents
- Answers HR Office phone and communicate the information in a professional manner
- Provide translation support of documents or/and during the meetings / trainings
- Taking minutes from the meetings and sharing with the staff
- Prepare monthly HR administrative work report/summery
Support another HR works
- Assist during staff events, team-building activities, staff meetings.
- Support HR manager/Coordinator during audits, reports, organized event, court case, capacity building etc
- Assist with the recruitment and hiring of staffs i.e. communicate, call and welcome candidates when they come for exam and interview, archiving of recruitment documents accordingly.
- Provide support to new comers (assist with HR induction)
- Perform other HR and admin related assignments assigned by HR manager/Coordinator
- Ensuring timely and effective delivery of tasks
- Correctness and completeness of given tasks on a given decline confidentially
- Prompt providing of all relevant information to HRC/HRM
- Understanding and adherence to PIN HR manual and guidelines
- Understanding and utilizing system of PIN procedure and Ethiopian labour law
- Substitute others related staffs during on absence while assigned by line Manager
- Understand and adherence to overall PIN code of conducts, policies, guidelines and manual
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Management/Administration, Psychology, law and other related and relevant fields of studies
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Human resource
- Experience in NGOs or Privet organizations and knowledge of Ethiopian Labour proclamation 377/2003 will be advantageous
- Experience of strong coordination skill
- Good communication and capacity to work under stress
- Good command of MS Package (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook)
- Knowledge of spoken & written Amharic, English
- 3 strong references (only from previous supervisors, will be crosschecked
How to Apply
How to Apply
Interested applicants for the position should fill the application form and send CV and the necessary documents until December 23, 2020 via following the link: APPLY-HR Admin
Should any information needed please contact using: [email protected]
Please note: PIN does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies available at: http://www.peopleinneed.cz/policies
Women and internal Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.