The purpose of this position is to provide support for Semera Field Office with efficient, hands-on, proactive HR and Administration support.
A key component of this position will be supporting the HR & Admin Coordinator with end-to-end recruitment, with a focus on the administrative components of recruitment and selection.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Support Semera field office and other Project offices in recruitment, report and other HR duties.
- Working closely with the Field Office Manager at Semera and support Field Offices with recruitment through preparation of Job Profiles, Job Advertisements, arranging and attending interviews, preparation of recruitment minutes, issuing conditional offers etc.
- Ensure all recruitment related documentation is prepared in a timely and accurate manner including: preparation of conditional offers, contracts, pre-deployment checks etc.
- Create and maintain staff files, ensuring a high level of confidentiality and that staff files are complete, up-to-date and stored safely.
- Maintain recruitment files including keeping record of interview questions, job profiles, job advertisements, recruitment tracker.
- Comply with HR policies and practice within the department, complying with both employment law and SCI country office policy and provide necessary support to the staff as required.
- Assist the department in effective and efficient Performance Management System and work with coordinators in the department and to ensure that performance management is being practiced on a regular basis.
- Develop and maintain good networks and relationships to keep abreast of other HR and Admin related information and to facilitate best practice information sharing externally and internally.
- Be the focal point for visitors to Afar by facilitating travel support to all visitors including staff, donors, external visitors etc ensuring hotel booking, security briefing, transport, receiving guests etc.
- File documents and correspondence in their respective file holders as per the established filing keys and procedures.
- Plan, organize and schedule priorities in handling multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of all SCI resources in order to keep costs low and ensure the security of staff.
- Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child protection, health and safety, security, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
- Facilitation of legal issues of the field offices in collaboration with Field Office Manager/Senior
- Ensure office facilities, computers and accessories are in good condition and at all times ready for use.
- Ensure timely provision of essential services such as housekeeping and tea/coffee to employees.
- Ensure that computers are protected from viruses; maintain efficient utilisation of administrative services: fax, telephone, courier, communication radio, photocopier services, etc
- Ensure that administrative support is provided to other human resources management functions, i.e. dealing with post, e-mail, filing and photocopying. Also ensure that HR database of staff information is maintained and kept up to date.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
Documentation, learning and reporting:
- Coordinate, prepare, and consolidate all reporting (monthly, quarterly, biannual and annual) activities of the FO in collaboration with FO Manager and others as needed,
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Educated to degree level, in Human Resource management or Management or Administration or equivalent.
- At least 2 year experience in related field
- Resourcefulness and creativity in order to develop the role of HR within the programme and ensure the most effective support to line management.
- Knowledge of Ethiopian employment law and models of good employment practice.
- Communication skills both written and verbal in order to establish effective relationships with a wide variety of internal and external audiences, including at a geographical distance.
- Good understanding of the issues that affect employee relations.
- Previous experience in recruitment and selection.
- Previous experience in an administrative role.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to think, identify the HR implications of the organization's plans and to respond with an intermediary level.
- Ability to work collaboratively with HR and other colleagues at national level and sometimes globally.
- To have a customer orientated, flexible approach and the ability to foster and encourage this in others.
- Ability to work in a challenging environment.
- Solution focused with the ability to work under pressure, quickly and flexibly.
- Mild knowledge of budget and financial processes and the ability to work in a cost effective manner.
- Empathy with the values and objectives of SCI
- Knowledge of local Afar language and work with Save the children is advantageous.
- Good written and spoken English language skill.
- Computer literal with a good understanding and knowledge of IT related issues and internet applications.
- •Strong interpersonal skills
- Drive to effectively develop self, others and the team
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
Qualified Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
How to Apply
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. The duty station of the position holder will be in Semera Office - Afar Regional State in Ethiopia . This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/ careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants who meet the MINIMUM requirements should apply using the
on or before 19 May, 2021