BACKGROUND: The International Rescue Committee, one of the world’s largest humanitarian international NGOs, provides relief, rehabilitation and development support to vulnerable people and communities over 30 countries. We began work in Ethiopia in 2000 in response to severe drought in Ethiopia’s Somali region and are currently providing assistance to Ethiopians and refugees in six regions in Ethiopia, implementing emergency and development programs in health, water and sanitation, economic recovery and development (ERD), women’s protection and empowerment, education, child protection, and multi-sectoral emergency response.
Under the supervision of the HR/Admin Manager, the HR/Admin Officer provides general Human Resource support for the Admin & HR department. They will be encouraged to handle recruitments, HRIS /Workday/, Payroll & related payments.
Responsibilities : - HR Talent Strategy and Talent Architecture:
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of IRC personnel policies respond to questions for staff.
- Promote and uphold THE IRC Way: Standards for Professional Conduct.
- Under the direction of the HR/Admin Manager, provide support to program and operations staff in interpretation of HR policies and procedures and provide technical support on HR issues.
- Foster and facilitate the development of collaborative professional relations between and among staff at all levels.
- Provide advice and support to satellite HR teams in interpretation of HR policies and procedures and provide technical support on HR and Admin related matters, including but not limited to, recruitment, orientation, career development, performance evaluation, disciplinary action, and separation
Recruiting and management:
- Participate in recruitment process of lower positions. Posting positions in appropriate media, CV review, interviewing, reference check, job offer, owning the orientation and travel arrangement.
- Advice Supervisors with reviewing job descriptions, posting job advertisements, screening applicants, conducting job interviews/written tests, reference checks, extending job offers, and ensuring new employee’s paperwork/hire pack is processed accurately.
- Ensure that recruitment process is fair and transparent and in line with IRC Global HR policies and procedures.
- Ensure accurate orientation for all new staff with periodic follow-up fields visits for additional support to field teams; collaborate and coordinate with other departments to provide an engaging and welcoming orientation
- Maintain good working relationships with other organizations and provide feedback to management on HR issues.
- Advise and conduct employees on exit management process for exiting employees and maintain its copies on the file. The exit interviews are supported with monkey survey.
- Prepare send weekly insurance update
- Prepare and send weekly recruitment update for Addis HR
HR Service and Administration:
- Review new employees contract agreement for field offices and ensure the new employees’ data is update to date on workday before the contract is approved.
- Responsible for preparing monthly payroll and maintaining payroll related documents and information are kept accurately.
- Ensure satellite officer HR staffs prepare pension payment in timely manner. Ensure pension payment in relation to the back payments should be prepared and paid in a timely manner.
- prepare back payments, payroll adjustment for definite period employees.
- Ensure updated tracking for back payments and communicate them timely.
- Follow up of employee contract extension for field-based staffs.
- Assist in writing personnel letters as required (transfer, Promotion, increment, acceptance of resignation and others).
- Travel to the field sites at least twice a year to assess compliance with administration systems and policies, review administration operations.
- University Degree/Master’s degree in Management, Business Administration, Human resource Management or related fields.
- 2 years’ experience for degree holders and 1 years of experience for post plus graduate.
- NGO experience in Human resource is preferable.
- Strong organizational skills
- Computer literate especially word and excel.
- Excellent in English and Amharic both speaking & writing.
- Ability to work under stress.
- High communication and language
How to Apply
Candidates meeting the above qualifications are encouraged to apply only through the below IRC On-line recruitment website:
Please include 3 references from current and former employers.
Applications will not be returned. IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits.
Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be short-listed and contacted.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
- Name of the position you have applied for
- Date of application
- Summary of your qualifications and experience
- Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
- Permanent Address and present address (if different from permanent) and telephone number if possible also email address
- Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees.
- IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
Professional Standards: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other supportive benefits and allowances
Equal Opportunity Employer: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.