Reports to: HR Director
East African Lion Brands is a leading FMCG manufacturing company in Ethiopia. Located in Bishoftu and comprised of three production facilities—Home Care, Personal Care, and Supplementary Food—the company’s portfolio includes Crown, Peacock, Vitex, and many other household essentials. East African Lion Brands is now hiring key positions to aid in the growth of the company, and a competitive salary will be offered for the right candidate.
We are looking for a skilled HR Manager who is responsible to manage activities of HR Department including job design, HR planning, recruitment & selection, performance management, training & development, administering compensation and other benefits; and enforcing company HR policies and procedures. He/she provides support and facilitates general service and other related administrative activities.
- Participates in developing Human Resource strategy in line with business strategy by linking all talent dimensions including employer brand, talent sourcing, on-boarding, workforce planning, succession planning, and performance management;
- Coordinates and drives HR planning and goal setting, both long term planning and annual operational plans;
- Ensures coordination of human resources and talent strategic initiatives across the Company;
- Defines operational metrics, develops evaluation methods and reporting guidelines in relation to human resources, talent management and organizational development and effectiveness management;
- Manages employees sourcing, recruitment, selection, placement, on boarding and compensation; processes; Facilitates staff training and development of talent programs, policies and processes;
- Manages and monitors effectiveness and efficiency of the service being provided and feed back to service delivery;
- Participates in developing a winning culture through employee engagement interventions and practices;
- Initiates continuous impact assessment of talent management programs on the Company’s business in consultation with Managers;
- Reviews existing organizational structure and recommends alternative options;
- Serves as a resource regarding formulation of HR policies and implementation of HR policies and procedures;
- Participates in employee relations, negotiations, the interest-based process, and activities related to Ethiopian labor relations activities.
- Implements HR operating models, tools and process;
- Identifies gaps and implements improvements in HRIS processes and procedures;
- Conducts culture and employee engagement assessments and provide recommendations based on findings;
- Recommends ways to improve organizational effectiveness due to changing business strategy;
- Monitors and follows-up general service delivery including vesicle management, health and safety, transportation & canteen service;
- Monitors successful implementation of the HR strategic initiatives and programs through preparing detailed action plan, following up developments, providing workforce insights and identifying trends.
- Have strong supervisory and leadership skills and thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations;
- Ability to develop HR policies and procedures;
- Experience in designing, organizational structure , salary scale and benefits packages;
- Proven ability to recruit, develop, motivate, and retain exceptional talent
- Proven Knowledge &experience with MS Offices and Human Resources Information System/HR Data management system;
- Passionate for meeting performance excellence through team work and continuous improvement;
- Strong communication and interpersonal relation skills.
Education and Experience Requirements
- MA/BA degree in Human Resource Management, Public Administration, Business Management or related fields;
- Minimum 5 / 7 years of professional experience in similar private manufacturing industries (FMCG) in a managerial position.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above listed requirements can send ONLY detailed C.V and application letter within 7 working days from the date of announcement to the following Email: [email protected] and [email protected]
Women are encouraged to apply and only short-listed applicants will be contacted.