ROLE PURPOSE: – HR Officer
The HR officer will ensure an effective and accountable HR in place in line with the Ambo Field offices. The post holder will also be responsible for the overall coordination and implementation of an effective recruitment, staff development, performance management, and practices under the field Office.
Human Resource Responsibilities
· Ensure consistent compliance of HR policies and practice in the field office under the Hub office.
· provides necessary support and training to managers and staff in the field office.
· Work together with Hub HR manager department in Addis to Provide effective support to field office
· Effective and accurate recruitment from selection process, proper documentation, induction and exit interview. This also includes;
· Ensuring that all recruited staff have a current contract of employment and comply with all HR policies and practice, local labor law and SCI policies.
· Work with field office based managers and program managers at the field level to ensure that performance management is institutionalized within the organization and provides timely and appropriate information to feed into the development of the annual HRD plan.
· Ensure high level of confidentiality regarding personnel data and ensure that all employee information at the field office kept up to date.
· Work closely with programs to plan and execute staffing needs.
· Develop the capacity of the HR team in the areas through effective coaching, performance
· Management frameworks and human resource development plans.
· Ensure the provision of good quality, appropriate and clearly communicated advice to field based
· Managers on aspects of general HR functions.
· Serve as a focal person for the HR function in the Ambo field office.
· Advising and coaching managers on people management matters and complying with Employment.
· Law as well as devising and implementing HR plans.
· Conducting disciplinary/ grievance meeting at the FO and support the field ensure that staff benefit management is handled properly at the field offices.
· Roll out of organizational HR related programs including relevant trainings
· Ensure that HR report is submitted to Addis HR department on time
· Ensure a complete submission of timesheet
· Ensure that all newly hired staffs are vetted before formal offer is extended.
· Ensure that list of all newly hired staff under the FO are sent to CO HR department so that they can be registered in Life Insurance scheme on time.
· Responsible for ensuring newly hired staff under the FO gets on time induction that includes but not limited to Child Safeguarding, Fraud Awareness, Safety & Security, about job role and departmental induction,
· Providing training to staffs on the importance and applicability of the performance management system
· Ensure that a performance objective is set to staff as part of their annual performance objective.
· Build a system where managers are setting probationary objective for newly hired staff:
· Using developed tracking system monitor setting of probationary objective to newly hired staff and ensure staff performance result is properly tracked and communicated to CO HR department
· Directly lead, manage and motivate HR staff FO office ensuring that they have clear work plans and objectives and receive regular supervision and reviews, and Build up their capacity through the use of effective training, performance management frameworks and development plan.
· Provide technical leadership to HR staff in the field offices.
· Experience in Emergency programs is Advantageous
· BA/BCS degree or equivalent in management, Development Studies or other social sciences.
· Recommended a minimum of 2 years’ experience in management of HR in the NGO environment, including significant field operations experience running both development and emergency programs
· A good understanding of Basic service programs and a working knowledge of the Country program priorities
· Substantial experience in HR
· Sound knowledge of Country’s Labor Law and Human resource management
· Ability to analyse information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
· Fluency in written and spoken English
· Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours, and work with incoming teams in the event of major emergencies
· Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
· Willingness and ability to travel extensively in country
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITY
- Strong training skill
· Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices, flexibility in working long hours and ability to work with incoming surge teams;
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
· Fluency in written and spoken English;
· Commitment to Save the Children values
· Teams, in the event of emergencies
SC Values are: Accountability , Ambition , Collaboration , Creativity and Integrity . To meet the value system, the post holder is expected to demonstrate the following Competencies on ongoing bases.
A pplyin g technical and professional expertise : Applies the required technical and professional expertise to the highest standards; promotes and shares best practice within and outside the organisation.
· Engaging (align with Collaboration, Creativity,
· Networking : Builds and use sustainable relationship to support the work of save the children
· Working effectively with others Works collaboratively to achieve shared goals and thrives on diversity of people and perspectives; knows when to lead and when to follow and how to ensure effective cross-boundary working.
· Communicating with Impact: Communicates clearly and confidently with others to engage and influence; promotes dialogue and ensures timely and appropriate messages, building confidence and trust with others.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
How to Apply
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/in/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en# and Apply.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.