- Company: Save the Children
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Adama
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Ethiopia
The Save the Children in Ethiopia Country Office (CO), in support of the Government of Ethiopia (GoE), has continued to contribute to the well-being of Ethiopian children in development and humanitarian contexts. We work to provide immediate humanitarian relief and long-term sustainable development.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
The post holder is responsible for Ensuring the planning and implementation of recruitment and staffing strategies with special emphasis on creating and maintaining a well-qualified and diverse pool of candidates in a timely and cost effective manner for Ambo FO based departments/units. S/he will maintain proper documentation of the selection process and prepares periodic reports. S/he will also be ensuring the compensation and benefit activities.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY /Job Description/:
- Ensures proper implementation of policies and procedures in relation to Human Resource Management.
- Ensure in implementing staff recruitment and selection policies and procedures; and propose changes for effective staffing processes.
- Ensure in overall staffing and selection process in order to ensure a timely recruitment.
- Draft and place job postings in Taleo software wide range of media.
- Ensure dissemination of job adverts through all appropriate channels including the full utilization of the social media, professional networks, associations and others as agreed with the FOM.
- Ensure that announcements are followed up and properly handled.
- Conduct downloading CVs from TALEO system and organization of applications from all sources and pass on long lists together to the recruit Manager.
- In consultation with the hiring manager and the HR recruiter, organize written exam and job interviews for vacant positions.
- Support the HR in site-level recruitment processes and ensure that relevant staffing structures in all operations departments are in place and are reflective of appropriate gender balance.
- Prepare recruitment planner, document and record the recruitment process.
- Manage and monitor applicants tracking system in ORACLE and ensure process is being followed.
- Follow up in providing recruitment updates to hiring managers periodically on the status of staffing requests.
- Conduct reference checking and staff vetting in TALEO system.
- Provide induction for all newly recruited staffs
- Ensuring that all staffs acknowledgement on line certificate on mandatory trainings Child safeguarding, safety & security & rest of Core polices is read & signed & documented in each personal files.
- Send out regret letters/mails to unsuccessful candidates in a given recruitment process.
- Follow up all staffs updating their profile in ORACLE.
- Ensuring that all staffs personal file contains necessary information, ensure that employment letter, and other staffs related letters (contract extension, transfer, promotion, salary .
- adjustment, etc) are properly signed by staff;
- Make sure that staffs leave balance, medical, education benfits are properly recorded on soft and hard copy
- Support the HR to promote professional development by identifying training and capacity building opportunities and ensure protection staff is well versed in SCI code of conduct, accountability, and prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse.
- In collaboration with the Field Office Manager, and hub human resources department, ensure staff objectives are set and that evaluations and performance reviews are conducted on a regular basis.
- Establish healthy working relationships with team members and different business units.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A bachelor’s degree in business management or human resources is helpful with three years as a recruiter; Having IT Diploma and experience is also an added advantage.
- A strong background in creative sourcing of talent preferably in a complex organization setup.
- Experience in sourcing, selecting, interviewing and evaluating a variety of technical and non-technical skill sets.
- Excellent knowledge of recruiting techniques and employment policies and procedures as it pertains to recruitment to include applicable EEO and Child safeguarding regulations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Good networking skills are extremely essential to build a strong database of candidates.
- Detail oriented and can exercise sound judgment.
- Able to work independently but enjoys collaborating and working in a team environment.
- Strong negotiation and contract management skills.
- Ability to work under, manage and prioritize a high volume of recruiting environment.
- Ability to maintain confidential Company information.
- Proven success working under minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, written and verbal skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of employees/management.
- Demonstrate success in initiating organizational directives and bringing recruitment process to successful completion.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- May need to work extra hours.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector.
Please add further detail here as required. For example: This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030 :
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.