The Ethiopian Women Lawyers Association (EWLA) invites competent and qualified candidates to apply for the vacant post of Finance Manager of which the detail requirements are mentioned here below.
Brief Highlight of EWLA: Established in 1995, the Ethiopian Women Lawyers Association (EWLA) is a non-governmental, non-partisan and not-for- profit local organization mainly working for the promotion and advancement of women’s rights in the country. It strives towards ensuring gender equality and women empowerment through fighting Gender Based Violence and Violence against Women and Children. Since its establishment, EWLA has provided free legal aid service for needy women and children through its structures stretched from its head office in Addis Ababa to the branch offices in Amhara, Oromiya, Gambella, Benishangul Gumuz, Dire Dawa; and Southern regional states. Currently, it has opened new branch offices in Somali and Afar Regional States. EWLA has also a structure at grass-roots level in which there are strong 54 Volunteer Committees at zonal and woreda levels of its intervention areas.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Overall Administration
- Ensure timely payment of office rent, bills and utilities and ensure these are appropriate, safe and functional in consultation with relevant units for maintenance of equipment as needed (i.e. security system, health and safety, communication & internets, photocopies etc.)
- Oversee proper handling of travel and accommodation and transportation of program staff, by ensuring documentation and maintaining accurate records of related expenses
- Handle the recruitment process of staff members and related issues
- Oversee timely procurement of admin items and office supplies, from purchase requisition to payment, in line with procurement procedures of EWLA and donor-specific requirements as needed.
- Personnel Administration
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of EWLA’s HR policy and ensure employee adherence
- Ensure personnel files are complete and accurate assuring adherence to highest level of confidentiality
- Maintain updated Job description database for all staff
- Oversee leave management; maintain leave tracking ensuring complete documentation for staff
- Ensure timely submission of timesheets and log-sheets by program and other staffs.
- Coordinate and handle all recruitment processes by ensuring compliance to hiring procedures as outlined in the HR manual.
- Make sure timely orientation occurs for all new staff, including with relevant departments within EWLA.
- Oversee maintenance of database of trainings attended by staff.
- Ensure performance management is implemented effectively, monitor and support program managers to complete and submit on time.
- Assist in development of annual staff development plan
- Timely enrolment of staff in to insurance and other benefits packages
- Provide technical advice to the program team on HR related issues
- Taking a proactive approach to problem solving and trouble shooting
- Ensure the implementation of HR and Admin policies in a timely manner to enhance a consistent and compliant ways of working across the program
- Provide orientation to relevant staff and program managers to help implement HR policies and procedures in compliance to DRC and Donor rules
- Organize induction on regular basis to make sure that all relevant staff, partners and program managers get proper understanding of HR and Admin policies to enhance compliance across the program and organization
- Support line managers in regional offices to manage employee relations
- Determine salary and remunerations of a new hires in consultation with Program Units and facilitate salary reviews if concern is raised or as per HR policy of EWLA
- Conduct a weekly or agreed meeting schedule to plan, follow and proactively solve any potential HR and Admin issues at Head or Regional Offices for timely implementation
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervision
The Finance Manager is accountable to general directives form the Executive Directress and shall report to her.
Duration: One-year contract with possibility of Extension
- First degree in Management, Human Resource Development and related fields
- Minimum 8 years of experience for MBA
- Minimum 10 years of experience for BA
- Must have experience working in NGO
- Well command of written and spoken English
How to Apply