Internal/External Job Announcements
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
For nearly 60 years, CRS has taken the lead in responding to natural and man-made disasters affecting Ethiopia's most vulnerable communities. Moving beyond emergency response, CRS' disaster mitigation and recovery projects in drought and flood-prone areas have rebuilt individual and community assets through non-food aid in the form of agriculture, livestock, health, nutrition, and water and sanitation assistance. CRS's humanitarian work in Ethiopia also provides livelihoods support to farmers and entrepreneurs, promotes gender equality, mobilizes for immunization and mitigates the impact of HIV.
As part of CRS family, you will join the more than 5000 strong and vibrant individuals working globally to accomplish the mission of CRS. CRS/Ethiopia invites you, the qualified candidate, to apply for the following position.
Human Resource Officer
Human Resource Manager
November 28, 2021
You will help coordinate and support the execution of the Country Program (CP) HR strategy and operational plans in support of high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. You will provide responsive, high quality service to address HR programs, services and operations needs in all or some of the areas of recruitment, staff development, performance management, employee relations, compensation and benefits, onboarding/orientation, policies, staff care, and employee administration.
· Provide support to the HR Manager in his/her responsibilities with regard to the overall management of HR programs and services in the CP.
· Help coordinate and support HR processes, activities, and service delivery, to ensure they meet latest agency, donor, and local legal requirements and standards and reflect best practices.
· Assess service needs and provide quality process services and advice to support managers in their daily staff management responsibilities.
· Collect and organize input on HR processes and policies and participate in the review and update of various systems, manuals, guidelines, and tools.
· Support professional development needs assessment and help ensure the provision of precise development programs for CRS staff and partners
· Maintain record keeping through personnel files and/or HRIS that adheres to required CRS, donor, and local law regulations. As needed provide support on analytical reports on HR-related data, metrics and trends to support decision-making, workforce planning and development.
· Where requested/required, support partners in strengthening their HR systems.
Education & Experience
· Completion of 1st Degree or 2nd degree in social and natural science
· 2 years for 2nd degree and 4 years for 1st degree
· Experience with and knowledge of employment laws, regulations, policies, principles, concepts, and practices. Good understanding of the local labor law.
· Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, HRIS.
· Supervisory experience would be a plus.
· Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
· Strong customer service ethic and abilities
· Very good planning, coordinating, and organizing skills
· Able to maintain confidential information
· Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Required/Desired Foreign Language: English
Travel Required (include percentage of required travel, if applicable) 15-20% travel required
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: HR Manager, Senior HR Officer, HR Assistant, HoOps and all CRS staff
External: Auditors, Vendors
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
· Trusting Relationships
· Professional Growth
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
How to Apply
How to Apply :
You should fill the application form through this link; https://form.jotform.com/213213186524550 and attach your
on / before the application deadline
November 28, 2021.
You will be contacted only if selected for written exam/interview. Phone solicitations will not be accepted. These job opportunities are open to Ethiopian nationals only.
CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking.
** Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply**