|Position Title:||Human Resources Assistant|
|Duty Station:||Addis Ababa , Ethiopia|
|Type of Appointment:||SST, Six months with possibility of extension|
|Estimated Start Date:||As soon as possible|
||09 July 2021|
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting huma0ne and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal & External candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Resource Management in Addis Ababa and direct supervision of the Human Resources Officer (HRO); and, in collaboration with relevant units at Headquarters and the Administrative Centers, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for managing the resources management functions in IOM Addis Ababa and its Sub-Office.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Support recruitment processes in the office by coordinating the publication of Vacancy Notice/Special Vacancy Notice, receiving and sorting applications, arranging interviews and tests, preparing all the required documentation and materials, sending communications to candidates, contacting previous employers for reference checks and any other related activity as assigned.
- Carry-out pre-employment activities such as preparation of Entry On Duty (EOD) documentation and collection of supporting documentation, coordination of EOD medical exams, follow-up with Health Insurance Medical Services (Manila or Panama) on medical clearances, coordination of orientation sessions, arrangement for security briefing and medical examinations, inclusion in insurance plans as appropriate, creation of personal file, etc.
- Perform assigned role(s) in PRISM HR paying special attention to data consistency and accuracy; input and maintain data based on approvals and supporting documentation; monitor and follow up on contractual situation and entitlements and generate reports, contract extensions, personnel actions and other related documentation.
- Perform the role of Time-keeper in PRISM; maintain, update and reconcile leave quotas based on supporting documentation; generate and edit leave-related reports; respond to general questions concerning leave administration; guide staff on request and approval procedure in PRISM.
- Support separation, classification, reclassification and promotion processes by collecting necessary documentation, drafting forms, making basic calculations, obtaining approvals and coordinating with relevant units in the Regional Office and Administrative Centers.
- Prepare contracts, personnel action forms, and employment / salary certificates for new and existing staff members.
- Follow up with assigned Heads of Units on extension of daily and hourly contracts before its expiration and or yearly action of the unit.
- Process medical payments approved by HCPU Manila and Panama relating to staff confinement or treatment in hospital. Also prepare payments for HR related medical outpatient bills with supporting documentation as assigned,
- Update and maintain electronic and physical archiving systems in the unit including personnel files with all supporting documentation, recruitment files, Human Resources policies, regulations, guidelines and manuals, internal controls, etc.
- Draft certificates of employment, notices, letters, reports, presentations, graphs, update the organizational chart and support timely submission of documents.
- Support the organization of meetings, training activities and other Human Resources events by carrying out logistical activities such as arrangement of meeting facilities, equipment, materials, preparation of correspondence and drafting and assembling of documents.
- Respond to general inquiries regarding Human Resources policies, instructions, and procedures.
- Processing payments of staff benefits and entitlements for national and international staffs.
- Processing payroll for consultants, daily and hourly contract holders and ensure the payment is made as per the in mission internal standard and policy.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology or related field with two years of relevant professional experience.
- Relevant work experience in human resource Management as well as administration field is required.
- Experience in NGOs & International organizations is an asset;
- High level of computer literacy is required, in particular, experience in computerised Human Resource Management software; good knowledge of MS Office specifically Excel;
- Good communication skills, drive for results, flexibility, efficiency, respect for diversity and
- Ability to work effectively under stressful conditions and within a team of colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds
- Attention to detail, ability to organize paperwork in a methodical way;
- Discreet, details and clients-oriented, patient and willingness to learn new things; and,
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
- Experience working in a busy office in HR or Administration.
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills with proven ability to work effectively and harmoniously with a team of colleagues.
- Mature individual, able to work independently under pressure, able to maintain accuracy, paying attention to details, meeting deadlines and working with minimal supervision.
- Fluency in English (Oral and Written)
- Working knowledge of Amharic and/or local language is an advantage.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application/ motivation letter enclosed with only detail CV written in English via our e-mail address [email protected] , by 09 July 2021 at the latest, referring the position title and Vacancy number in the subject line of your email; no photocopies of educational/training certificates is required at this stage; applicant who doesn`t follow the required application procedure will automatically be disqualified from the competition.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply!