Compassion International is an evangelical, Christian organization.
This position is based in Ethiopia. Please submit your resume (CV) in English. The application deadline is end of business October 9th.
This experienced partner designs, implements and advises on human resource programs and policies, including performance management, discipline, compensation, benefits, equal opportunity and employee relations. At this career level, the incumbent generally works independently on moderately complex human resource projects or as a team member on larger projects. He or she may coach other specialists.
- Acts as an advocate for children. Raises awareness of the needs of children and takes active steps to help protect against neglect, abuse, and exploitation of children. Promotes the dignity, respect, positive treatment, potential of children in all circumstances. Encourages the involvement of others in helping children in need. Reports and appropriately supports responses to incidents of harm of children if they occur.
- Assists managers, answering questions and instilling a sense of responsibility on matters such as employee relations, conflict resolution, discipline, performance management, staff development, termination, compensation issues, succession planning, benefits, and talent acquisition. Partners with appropriate senior leadership to properly engage employees in achieving functional objectives in the client area.
- Answers questions on matters such as employee-manager interactions, conflict resolution, performance management, compensation issues, and benefits.
- In some locations, assists with recruiting, benefits administration, employee health and wellness, and other human resources related programs.
- Uses current understanding of local and national laws and regulations covering employment issues to protect Compassion’s interests by ensuring the ministry is in compliance with legal requirements are as well as providing and implementing relevant recommendations to the client groups on necessary practices/programs changes to meet these requirements.
- Investigates and implements resolutions regarding employee or other stakeholder concerns around performance management, improvement, harassment, discrimination, misconduct, and similar matters.
- Monitors the level of engagement through HR metrics, using personal expertise or assessment instruments. Recommends and institutes timely programs, methods and other interventions to address issues that hinder team’s level of success.
- Prepares programs for client groups such as annual merit, performance management, benefits enrollment, and new employee orientation. May facilitate events for client teams such as team-building, merit program meetings, strategic planning, brainstorming, or other group sessions.
- May provide expertise to other professionals and support staff in the Human Resources discipline.
- Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion’s core “Cultural Behaviors” in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related discipline
- Professional experience working as a human resources generalist, business partner or specialist. Understanding of employment laws in Ethiopia.
- Advanced reading, speaking and writing English skills required.
*** Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above ***
Working Environment: Office – Standard Office Environment
Physical Demands: Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
Travel Requirements: May be required to travel up to 10% of normal schedule