REACH Ethiopia is a non-political, non-religious, non-racial, and non-profit-making development Organization that has been registered by Charities and Societies Agency as Ethiopian Residents Charity bearing certificate No. 3020. REACH Ethiopia envisions contributing the development and wellbeing of humanity through innovation and maximizing the utilization of opportunity available for the generation. The major goal of REACH Ethiopia is health service delivery commitment and contributing its part to improve the general health service and wellbeing of the disadvantaged community in move towards the sustainable development goal.
REACH Ethiopia is currently implementing USAID Urban TB LON and Eliminate TB Projects in 2 City Administration (Addis Ababa and Dire Dawa) and 3 Regional States (Harari, Sidama and SNNPR) to contribute toward ending Tuberculosis through finding missing people with TB to access early diagnosis, care and treatment services. There is a project funded by Stop TB Partnership - TB REACH WAVE 9 Grant - on improving the treatment outcome of DR-TB Patients in the two TICs (Alert and St. Peter’s Hospitals) in Addis Ababa.
Purpose of the position:
REACH Ethiopia ICT Specialist and System Administrator will provide day-to-day ICT services support, system administration and maintenance for smooth operations of IT services at REACH Ethiopia ICT systems including supporting mobile data collection systems and devices. S/he is responsible for installing and configuring software, hardware and networks, monitoring system performance and troubleshooting issues, ensuring security/maintenance and monitoring of security systems to affirm data protection and security factors are in place to protect organizational and staff data. S/he is responsible for managing IT infrastructure efficiently, ensure ICT service continuity and will take care of integration between internal and external systems, service transitions. s/he is responsible for managing and responding to REACH Ethiopia staff requests by diagnosing and resolving problems and for supporting the ongoing technology needs of all employees by providing support for requests, leading and coordinating the activities of the client technology services and providing support on the area of IT services. S/he respond to requests for IT support, logging problems, generating trouble tickets, attempting to diagnose and resolve problems. S/he is responsible for documenting solutions to problems and developing end-user guidelines. On an ongoing basis, s/he work to improve customer support processes and practices in addition to evaluating and recommending software and hardware needs of the clients and provision of inputs for purchasing new or upgraded products.
System and Network Administration, and Management
- Manage Windows, Windows Server environment, Microsoft Exchange, Mobile Devices (Tablets), SQL Server, Web and Active Directory Services, VMware infrastructure, Storage (SAN), and other server/client-side platforms
- Responsible for maintaining, upgrading and managing relevant software, hardware and networks, maintaining and monitoring core and support systems to ensure service continuity (monitors health of systems and provides appropriate recommendations, when required),
- Diagnose and resolve problems quickly and have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users.
- Install, configure, provide support and maintain to all key software and hardware components and manage network servers/LAN, and technology tools, databases, and ensure the availability of adequate connectivity to make sure all ICT services are accessible reliably and available all the time,
- Set up accounts and workstations, monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements (i.e., maintains user accounts, manages user access to systems, servers, and files including administering the set-up of new profiles, creating and updating access permissions),
- Troubleshoot issues and outages and ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls
- Managing and administering security and monitoring systems (Access Controls, Firewalls,
- Manage, monitor and review the relationships with service providers and ensure that high levels of service are received and maintained; liaise support requests in case of fault / service disruption.
- Other duties may be added and/or assigned as needed
Customer Services and Support and ICT collaboration
- Serve as first point of contact for day-to-day technical support to end users (REACH Ethiopia staff) by analyzing/diagnosing problems (using multiple options), troubleshooting, and documenting for resolution of reported user problems and resolving routine problems or providing on-spot support to users or remote support via tools like team viewer,
- Administer and Support Essential Business Systems and applications, Local Area Network (LAN), the Internet and other communication systems to ensure availability at all times.
- Participate in deployment of new or upgrade information technology projects and develop associated procedures and documents
- Provide quarterly preventive maintenance for all ICT equipment and IT and maintain IT inventory on quarterly basis (Hardware, Mobiles, Software, Licenses, etc) and provide justifications for corrective maintenance, follow up and conduct acceptance test as required
- Ensure protection of Information and Data Security of the user data, ICT systems and resources through regular anti-virus installations, its update, and critical system backup and by enforcing ICT policies.
- Maintain and secure users and infrastructure (wireless, Outlook/Microsoft exchange, Admin), and ensure passwords and credentials confidentially, and instantly communicate/report new treats (virus, Malware, etc) to responsible infrastructure to guarantee business continuity in the unlikely event of an ICT disaster.
- Support procurement of ICT goods and services by providing technical specifications and performing acceptance test for such goods and services, procurement follow ups and status updates, and working with vendors and service providers to ensure timely delivery of requested goods and services
- Building capacities of SPIR II staff on proper uses of ICT infrastructure, data, security and protections to increase their competence in the use of systems and platforms in use by SPIR and WV, on ICT Services and in-house applications.
- Coordinate with SPIR MIS team on various capacity buildings to SPIR II team at different levels including IPs and other stakeholders
- Build SPIR II relevant staff on tablet device uses and MDM applications and uses
Contract term: Full time Position, Fixed term contract
Number of positions: One
Qualifications : Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
Required Professional Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience on systems administrations, Network Administrations and management Administration.
- Required: Certified A+, Network +, MCP training
- Preferred certified in A+, N+, MCP, CCNA, MCSA
- MSc in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline; professional certification (e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)) is a plus.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role
- Experience and knowledge about design, administration, operation and maintenance of Microsoft Servers, Active Directory Domains, SharePoint, Web Services, Exchange Systems and SQL Databases.
- Experience and knowledge on Network (on TCP/IP, DHCP, HTTP/HTTPS, DNS, VOIP, VPN, FTP, LAN, V-LANs, WAN, Subnets, Routing, Switching, Firewalls), patch management and various databases
- Knowledge and experience on security systems (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data maintenance, backup/recovery technologies (Backup Exec, Windows Server Backup) etc.,
- Design, administration, operation and maintenance of Virtual Environment based on VMware infrastructure (vSphere / ESX) and knowledge about Google APPS Domain management.
- Knowledge and experience working on various operating systems and platforms, computer hardware and peripherals plus ability to create scripts in Python, Perl or other language,
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and problem-solving skills on a regular basis
- Work in a team as well as on own initiative, flexible, as well as very good business decisions makers, and customer focused,
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
How to Apply
Only internal candidates meeting the required qualifications and experience are invited to send their application letter, Updated CV, credentials and summary of relevant work experience in one page to [email protected] within 7 working days from the first appearance of the announcement.
Note: Use "ICT Specialist and System Administrator" as the subject title of your email!