|Company||:||General Job Post Account-16|
|Company Name/ Contact Person||:||Ethiopian Midwives Association|
|Job Title||:||IT Officer|
|Date Posted/Updated||:||Friday, August 16, 2019|
|Application Deadline||:||Wednesday, August 21, 2019|
|Job Type||:||Part Time|
Ethiopian Midwives Association
Position: IT Officer
– Required number: One
– Employment Type: Part Timer
– Salary: As per company scale
– Required Number: One
– Place of Work: EMwA Health Office, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
• The IT Officer directly reports to the MERL Manager and receives additional technical instructions from CPD coordinator and membership and database officer and is responsible for efficient and satisfactory provision of all IT related activities of the association. S/he is responsible for providing effective ICT support including but not limited to: planning, implementing and maintaining all IT related topics and processes of the association such as Networking, Maintenance, Consulting and Troubleshooting.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
• Create electronic database for continues professional development (CPD)
• Create electronic database for membership database
• Support the development of state-of –the-art online courses for CPD that fulfill the required guidelines
• Support accreditation of online courses from registered accreditors
• Establish system to roll out CPD to make it available to midwives virtually
• Manage online/electronic services in relation to continuing professional development and membership registration and renewal.
• Provides helpdesk assistance on Networking, Maintenance, Consulting, Troubleshooting and evaluating problems and resolving IT related issues
• Performs general maintenance of hardware and software of IT equipment, which includes repairing and upgrading personal computers, replacing faulty equipment, network equipment, printers, etc.
• Install and configure approved computer hardware and licensed software following policies and procedures thereof.
• Administers LAN and WAN and ensure the smooth operation of connectivity
• Install the latest Operating System, anti-virus and Application software based on the computer compatibility and constantly ensure system performance
• Support the development of IT policies for users and ensure ICT devices are running according to ICT standards.
• Updating EMwA website
• Creating electronic Monitoring and Evaluation system
• Developing electronic mobile data collection systems
• Develop electronic based internal communication platform
• Monitor network communications, databases, websites
• Ensure the security of the domain and all hosting functions are effectively working
• Maintain up-to-date hardware and software inventories
• Manage user and computer accounts and their privileges according to policies and procedures.
• Configure and manage email accounts on MS outlook and make sure the domain is always active.
• Monitor ICT (physical and network) security and fix /report any risks or incidents to the Management.
• Enhance the security level and keep the site protection is always up to date
• Always take back up for quick restore
• Maintain up-to-date System documentation to ensure accuracy of information.
• Manage printers, photocopy machines, scanners and fax machines
• Give ICT orientation to new employee and ensure that ICT policy is applied
• Provide training to staff on the use of ICT related tools & techniques
• Ensure that confidentiality and data protection requirements are maintained and adhered to.
• Monitor, assess and keep senior management informed of the quality, efficiency and timeliness of IT related activities;
• Establish and maintain good working relationships with other Departments, employees and other stakeholders;
• Performs other related duties assigned by immediate supervisor
How to Apply
• Interested and qualified applicants who met the MINIMUM requirements should send the following through e-mail: email@example.com or P.O.Box 1410, or in person to Ethiopian Midwives Association’s Head Office located on Equatorial Guinea Street, Haya Hulet, behind Elsa Kolo or behind Meklit Building, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
• A cover letter / application letter (not more than one page)
• A CV (not more than 3 pages)
• A one-page table summarizing your educational background, work experience, technical skills and competencies to facilitate the screening process. Refer the vacancy announcement while doing this.
Please DO NOT SUBMIT scanned copies of transcripts, academic degrees or recommendation letters with your application. You will provide them upon request. Make sure that you state the title of the position on the subject of your email.
• Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
• All travel and recruitment related costs should be covered by the applicant.
• Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: August 21, 2019
• BA /MSc in IT or Computer Science
• 5/2 years of relevant experience. Experience in NGO environment is advantageous.
Competencies/ Technical skills
• Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and work under pressure
• Familiarity with e-learning platforms like Moodle etc.
• Advanced Microsoft skill
• Configuration of online reporting and feed backing system
• Server based networking
• Developing and upgrading website
• Website and social media Administration
• Good planning and prioritizing skills
• Demonstrable professionalism and facilitation abilities
Competencies/ Personal attributes
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and foster trust and respect.
• Self-motivated, highly organized and detail oriented
• Flexible and able to work well under pressure.
• Exhibit a desire to support a large number of people
• Strong team player
• Fluency in spoken and written English and Amharic
|Min. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|
|Max. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|