ROLE PURPOSE:The position holder is responsible for the four IYCF component implementation in the woreda and working closely with the woreda, Kebele, community, and religious leaders and Health Development Army for the effective implementation and linkage of IYCF program with the community and facility. In addition the position holder is also expected to provide a consistent and high quality technical support in relation to IYCF implementation and will assist OTP officers, TFU officers, and TSFP officers in the woreda to build strong IYCF implementation package.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Manages the project unit's implementation of nutrition program in agreement with the overall IYCF Program activities according to SCI and national standards.
- Makes sure that IYCF program is implemented according to the National protocol i.e. application of the admission and discharge criteria, closely monitors and strictly follows anthropometry measurement
- Facilitates the trainings under the project regarding IYCF
- Supports and liaise with the health centre staff and provide on the job training and capacity building.
- Select and establish counsellors from the health facilities and the community.
- Establishment and strengthening of MTM support groups, train them and close follow up for supporting IYCF_E promotion activities.
- Asses and diagnose for difficulties of feeding for all PLW coming for other services, for screening and at the community.
- Provide day to day one to one and group counselling for PLW regarding IYCF practices.
- Makes sure that the health staff have adequate training on providing proper IYCF counselling
- Conduct formative assessment for key behaviours and skill for IYCF and develop culturally appropriate and effective IEC materials and adopt it to the day to day counselling.
- Ensures the availability of job aids, reporting formats and all other supplies for IYCF.
- Creates and maintain relationship with local health and other authorities and try to link IYCF program with the existing health structure smoothly,
- Makes sure that health professionals from the health facilities to participate on the daily routine work for sustainability and smooth phase out strategy,
- Provides technical support and training where required to all team members, outreach team including health extension workers and community volunteers,
- Works and liaise with any local health workers to integrate the IYCF program from the start,
- Organizes monthly report of community mobilization, IYCF and report on time to the Project Manager, Nutrition and provides updates when needed.
- Reports any problems in a timely manner to the Health& Nutrition Manager,
- Coaches and supervises the CMAM officer, OTP/SC Nurses, Mobile health and nutrition team for integrating IYCF practice promotion activities to their daily health and nutrition works.
- Upholds the image and values of SC at all times,
- BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- BA/Diploma in Nursing or Public Health (Senior Clinical/Public Nurse or above).
- Minimum two years working experience for Degree and four years’ experience for Diploma holders out of which two year experience directly related to emergency health & nutrition related fields Knowledge, training and experience in IYCF and community mobilization/BCC
- Demonstrated skills in program planning, implementation and monitoring.
- Demonstrated skills in peer group training, Training of Trainers and development of training materials.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Local language.
- Strong computer (Microsoft skills), all and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Knowledge of the context is preferred.
- Female candidates are preferred.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates can send their cv and application to the following link