- Ensures financial policies, procedures, and systems are properly implemented and maintained at the field office.
- Ensures that all financial transactions are compliant with local laws, donor regulations, and internal policies.
- Handles petty cash imprest account for the region as required including timely replenishment.
- Prepares petty cash payment vouchers, obtains approval, and effect payment.
- Coordinates per diem and other workshop/training-related payments.
- Responsible for the quarterly financial report preparation, secure central office approval and submit to the government.
- Records transactions into Quick books accounting software.
- Assists Regional Team Leaders in preparation of annual budgets and tracking budget vs actuals.
- Maintains proper filing system for financial documents.
- Prepares and pays income and withholding taxes timely.
- Follows up and ensure that travel and work advances are settled on time/as per the requirement of EngenderHealth’s operations standards and bring to the attention of the finance and admin officer any deviation from the standards.
- Maintains petty cash and cash register book.
- Responsible for managing warehouse and properties of the field office.
- Ensures that store paperwork is properly completed and maintained (e.g., delivery notes, stock cards, goods receiving notes etc.).
- Link with central office grants and contracts unit for any support required to link with local sub grantees.
- Prepares monthly expense report for the Central Office.
- Liaises with banks to process CPO’s, drafts, collects bank statements and other documents as required/delegated.
- Works closely with Roving Finance Officer in budget and report preparation.
- Updates the Roving Finance Officer regularly with the status of the regional office bank balance.
- Ensures completeness of financial documents for proper expense authorization.
- Assists in the coordination of year-end audit.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- BA Degree in Accounting/Business Administration or any other related discipline.
- Minimum 2-3 years of relevant work experience in an NGO setting.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office application software and knowledge of accounting software particularly QuickBooks is highly preferred.
- Committed to EngenderHealth’s core organizational values of reflection, inclusion, integrity, respect, and transformation.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines, with minimum supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Ability to effectively work in a team.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
- Good command of English.
How to Apply
Interested and well qualified candidates can send their application and CV before the deadline through EngenderHealth website http://www.engenderhealth.org.
Please note that there is no need to attach your credentials at this stage.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.