Panagora Group, a small business specializing in global health and sustainable international development solutions, seeks a Knowledge Management and Communications (KMC) Manager for the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project in Ethiopia.
GHSC-PSM seeks to ensure uninterrupted supply and availability of high-quality health commodities through a wide array of procurement services and logistics support, systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing all elements of a comprehensive supply chain as well as global and local collaboration. GHSC-PSM in Ethiopia also works to improve pharmacy services through policy, legislative, and operational-level interventions to ensure appropriate use of medicines, and transparency and accountability in pharmaceuticals management at service delivery points.
- Lead the implementation of the project’s communications and knowledge management strategies, including maintaining communications with USAID, MoH, PFSA, other partner organizations, and stakeholders;
- In collaboration with M&E KMC Director and technical team members, draft, edit, revise, brand, and format various project deliverables including publications, reports, work plans, assessments and guidelines
- Work closely all with the M&E and technical teams to identify and regularly develop and disseminate success stories, infographics, and communications materials for print, audio visual and web including social media
- Lead the conceptualization, development and production of content for various materials including presentations, brochures, one-pagers, posters, press releases, briefings packs etc.
- Stay abreast of the progress and directions of the country’s health and pharmaceuticals sector to inform the project’s communications and KM strategies implementation
- Ensure compliance and serve as the focal person for the implementation of the project’s branding and marking plan as per donor requirements
- Provide support to the project leadership and technical teams in maintaining effective communications with the USAID Ethiopia Mission, the Ministry of Health, the Ethiopian Pharmaceuticals Supply Agency, other government and non-government partners and stakeholders, and KMC team at GHSC-PSM’s office in the US
- Lead the knowledge management practices in the project office
- Assist the Country Director in managing all media related matter while ensuring compliance with donor requirements and organizational policy
- Lead the distribution of communications and information materials as necessary together with technical teams
- Provide strategic and programmatic advice on communications and knowledge exchange to project leadership to strengthen program design, work plans and implementation.
- Addis Ababa with frequent travels to regional states
- Monitoring and Evaluation, Knowledge Management Communications Director
- Annual Contract with possibility of extension
Based on experience and previous earning history
- Senior level with adequate management experience
- Knowledge Management Specialist
- Master’s degree in communications and journalism, public health, international development or related fields
- Minimum of seven years of experience in communications work within international development organizations/NGOs, UN agencies, bi or multi-lateral organizations and donors of which three years should be in a management position
- Experience working on USAID funded projects; adequate knowledge of donor’s branding and marking requirements preferred
- Proven ability to organize, summarize, and rewrite technical information for non-expert audiences
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English including high level of editing and writing proficiency (writing samples will be requested)
- Highly proactive and ability to deliver quality output when working with multiple demands
- Proven ability to work effectively with technical teams in a diverse work environment
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- If these minimum requirements are not met, no need to apply.
- Ability to use Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, and Adobe Illustrator/Or Corel Draw to develop layout designs,
- Ability to take high quality photographs and films
- Experience working in pharmaceuticals logistics and health areas (preferred)
- Experience facilitating workshops and trainings in communication skills
How to Apply
To apply, please email ONLY your CV and cover letter in one word document or PDF file to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline September 15, 2019. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for written exam and interviews. Please do NOT attach diplomas or any other documents with your CV and cover letter.
Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices.