Vacancy Announcement- re advert
Position Title: Knowledge Management (KM) Manager
Department/Program: Knowledge Management
Reports to: Business Analytics Director
Based in: Addis Ababa
Duration of contract: Indefinite based on performance and availability of funds
Remuneration: As per organization pay scale plus other PSI/Ethiopia staff benefits.
Who we are?
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non‐profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing. We are a $560m enterprise based in Washington, DC, operating in the private and public sectors in more than 65 countries.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from the medical industry to the music business – all with unique skills we bring to the job.
PSI/Ethiopia wants reimagine healthcare, put the consumer at the center, and whenever possible, bring quality care to the front door. We achieve health impact in Ethiopia by working with both government and private partners and harvesting technology innovation to bring quality care closer to communities, schools, and homes. We empower consumers by including them in the design of healthcare solutions, offering them more healthcare choices, and helping them to have a voice in influencing national priorities. We work with all market actors in the health system to understand their needs, designing and delivering solutions so that market systems can sustainably serve consumers for the long term, helping to support the Government of Ethiopia in achieving Universal Health Coverage.
We are looking for a competent and result driven individual who is oriented to details. S/he will develop a KM strategy to guide the implementation of knowledge management within PSI Ethiopia. S/he is required to identify the intellectual assets of the organization (documented or undocumented), foster a learning environment, and promote the culture of knowledge sharing and use through championing knowledge management initiatives. S/he needs to demonstrate the contribution of KM initiative to meeting organizational goals.
Key Result Areas:
- Knowledge generation activities
- Knowledge storing and sharing
- Knowledge application
- Capacity building
- Monitoring the Knowledge Base
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set knowledge management strategic and operational priorities of the organization (identify the learning agenda and plan for its execution)
- Work closely with program leads to ensure programs include learning outcomes in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Plan and promote collaborative tools and techniques to facilitate sharing of ideas and work among internal teams and external partners
- Prepare costed work plan for the implementation of knowledge management activities
2. Knowledge generation activities
- Put a process in place for managing intellectual assets of the organization
- Prepare high quality learning documents on identified themes by supporting the capturing of model practices and outcomes from learning initiatives, with the project managers in the region.
- Document organizational knowledge (Produce program/technical/policy/advocacy briefs)
- As necessary, develop processes to capture, store, validate and retrieve knowledge of the organization
- Identify knowledge assets within the organization from people, processes and documents
- Conduct data mining to generate knowledge from routine program data
- Work closely with the research advisors, M & E and program staff to generate new knowledge
- Prompt and facilitate, the capture of learning after all significant events and processes (after action reviews, brainstorming sessions etc)
3. Knowledge storing and sharing
- Establish a knowledge database of model practices, manuals, guidelines, policies and strategies of the organization
- Strengthen use of intranet (SharePoint and OneDrive) to store and share knowledge within the organization
- In collaboration with the communication department, facilitate knowledge transfer sessions (organize booths, marketplaces, knowledge fairs, conferences, etc.)
- Disseminate information about the organization's knowledge sharing to internal and external audiences, maintain communications on knowledge sharing across the organization, participate in orientation and training sessions, and preparation of brochures/presentations
4. Knowledge application
- Promote knowledge capture and reuse through operational and business processes
- Capture and distill experience and insight for reuse to improve performance
5. Capacity building
- Provide internal training and consulting on KM concepts and methodologies
- Coach the organization in the use of KM processes and tools
- Continuously build own capacity to provide better input for KM in the organization
6. Monitoring the Knowledge Base
- Monitor the effectiveness, maintenance and use of IT tools and systems as they apply to KM, and implement improvements
- Help monitor and evaluate knowledge sharing program, including external benchmarking and evaluation programs/opportunities
- Master’s degree in journalism, communication, research, public health, demography and other related fields with at least five years demonstrate experience in knowledge management.
What would get us excited?
- Open to new ideas; shares own knowledge; applies knowledge in daily work; builds partnerships for learning and knowledge sharing
- Analytical thinking and decisive judgment – analyzing issues and problems systematically, gathering broad and balanced input, drawing sound conclusions and translating conclusions into timely decisions and actions.
- Understands clients' needs and concerns; responds promptly and effectively to client needs
- Makes things happen; Is proactive; balances "analysis" with "doing"; sets high standards for self; Commits to organizational goals
- In-depth knowledge of databases maintained by the organization
- Ability to explain complex concepts in layman's language;
- Treating all individuals with fairness and respect, demonstrating sensitivity for cultural and gender differences; showing great drive and commitment to the organization s mission; inspires others: Maintaining high standards of personal integrity;
How to Apply
Are you intrigued? Apply!
By following our 3 steps application process:
1. Fill out the application form using the following link: Online Application Form . It will only take 5 to 10 minutes.
2. Send your CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly mark “ Application for Knowledge Management (KM) Manager Position ” in the subject line.
3. Check your email and make sure you receive an automatic response acknowledging receipt of your application that means your application was successful. If you don’t receive the automatic response, check again your subject line and if needed, re-submit your CV and application letter with the correct subject.
Application deadline September 11, 2019, We’ll call or e-mail you back if there is a good fit on both sides.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.