Organizational and Program highlights
Integrated Service on Health and Development Organization (ISHDO) is registered non-governmental organization. ISHDO is funded by USAID as prime under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) to implement a three years Family-focused HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment activity in Oromia Region. The Activity will be implemented in partnership with other sub local implementing partners. The activity aims to accelerate and sustain HIV epidemic control in Ethiopia through the delivery of high impact Family-focused HIV prevention, care, and Treatment Activity in selected 41 woredas of Oromia regional state.
The purpose of this award is to strengthen local HIV epidemic control to achieve the goal of 95 percent of individuals living with HIV know their status, 95 percent of persons living with HIV initiated antiretroviral therapy and 95 percent of on antiretroviral therapy achieve viral load suppression by 2030. HIV mitigation services for vulnerable children will focus on case finding and linkage to HIV treatment among undiagnosed children living with HIV, on achieving better health outcomes through HIV viral load suppression and establishing interpersonal, family and community norms to achieve HIV and violence prevention (9 to 14-year-old children).
- Provide MARPs friendly lab services as related to integrated clinical services including HTC, STI, ART and other RH services
- Provide appropriate client care during specimen collection and any encounter with the client
- Ensure all lab equipment’s and commodities are stored/kept and handled as per the manufacturer’s guideline and according to the national and international standards.
- Ensure availability of laboratory services and conduct testing as per the standard.
- Ensure internal and external laboratory quality assurance procedures at all laboratory service points
- Ensure samples are timely transported to referral sites when required and collect results timely.
- Facilitate short TAT for Viral load and CD4 results by closely working with regional/ referral laboratories.
- Follow stock balance of lab supplies regularly and report to the appropriate body for restocking.
- Send request for laboratory reagent refill regularly and timely to LIP, PFSA, PSI, and town health offices.
- Participate in QI team meetings and lead DIC infection prevention activities per the national standard.
- Request lab reagents and other commodities as per the set timeline.
- Ensure documentation is properly handled.
- Implement SOPs for laboratory activity at the highest diligence.
Duration of Contract: 4 months with possible renewal depending on availability of fund
Reports to: DIC Coordinator
Required education and experiences
- Diploma in Laboratory
- At least two years experience in handing lab requests for clients on ART chronic care and treatment services
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other applications,
- ART Training on sample transportation and handling, and safety is plus
How to Apply
ISHDO provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Interested candidates are required to fill in only the attached application form from the link below
and submit the form along with their short CV not longer than 3 pages and application letter through the organization's email address [email protected] within 7 consecutive days from the date of the announcement. Please write the position you applied for, in the subject area. Please also complete the summary of the employment sheet attached with the vacancy.
Note . Please don’t send educational testimonials and other documents. Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.