Reference number: Rec/011/21
CORDAID is a Dutch, international non-governmental organization which combines 100 years of experience and expertise in emergency aid and structural poverty eradication. CORDAID believes in a world without poverty and exclusion. We strive for a just and sustainable society where every person counts. We stand for knowledge and talent sharing between North and South, between farmers and businesses, between activists and policymakers. Where poverty, conflict and exclusion tear up societies, we connect people and communities. We also stand for professionalism, expertise and solidarity across borders, to make a difference where it is most needed. Together with more than 600 partner organizations in Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America we structurally improve the living conditions of the poorest and most excluded populations - the bottom billion.
Cordaid, in collaboration with i+solutions under the Embassy of the Kingdom of The Netherlands funded Performance Based Financing Project in Ethiopia, will implement a pilot in the Jimma zone to help health centers improve availability of medicines and optimize the health supply chain. The pilot will aim to better understand the current gaps and barriers in availability of medicines, particularly at the last mile of the supply chain. Cordaid and i+solutions plan to implement Medexis, i+solutions’ easy-to-use electronic logistics management information system (eLMIS) application in 15-50 health centers in the Jimma zone, and to provide training to local health center staff in ordering, forecasting and quantification. This project will be implemented in close collaboration with the Ethiopian Pharmaceuticals Supply Agency (EPSA).
- Coordinate the implementation of the pilot project in liaison with the Jimma Office PBF Coordinator.
- Mapping out the order processing flow for health facilities ordering from EPSA.
- Documenting availability and regularity of medicines for health facilities before the intervention (baseline measuring)
- Manage the relationship with involved health facilities, follow up on health facilities satisfaction and ability to perform
- Manage the relationship with the Medexis programmers, i+solutions team and with the Cordaid team.
- Manage technical side of the Medexis platform and troubleshoot technical issues related to the software.
- Secure that LMIS data captured in Medexis is transferred to the national platform in use by EPSA.
- Coordinate with EPSA to secure those processes for ordering is aligned with the processes of EPSA.
- Follow up on project planning and report on project plans
- Provide regular progress feedback to the ZHD, EPSA and other stakeholders
- Personnel management of the Last Mile Project Trainer and the Last Mile Project Officer
- Monthly reporting
Required qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Pharmacy.
- Management experience for 5 years.
- Knowledge of the health sector especially pharmacy and supply chain management for at least 5-8 years.
- 5-8 years’ experience knowledge of forecasting and qualifications
- Good understanding of health supply chain management, LMIS mechanisms for health facilities.
- Good understanding of implementation of software solutions, preferably LMIS mechanisms.
- Good understanding of the function of EPSA.
- Training in business, procurement or Supply Chain Management is an added advantage.
- MPH is added advantage
- Fluency in English and Afan Oromo;
- Fluency in Amharic language is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualifying applicants can submit their application letter and CV in English, with both phone and email contact details of at least 3 professional references, to the following email [email protected] . The vacancy reference number along with the title of the post needs to be written in the subject of the email.
CORDAID is an equal opportunity employer and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
All applications submitted cannot be returned.
Applicants are encouraged to apply early as interviews are done on a rolling basis and the advert can be closed when a matching candidate is identified
An integrity screening will be part of the application procedure.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.