The Canadian Physicians for Aid and Relief [CPAR] in collaboration with the Oromia Regional Health Bureau, Oromia Bureau of Finance and Economic Cooperation, Zonal level departments, Fitche Hospital and two health centers (Hambiso and Fitche 1) has signed a project agreement on September 14, 2020 entitled “Remote Ultrasound Capacity building for Antenatal Care (RUAA)” that targeted to improve the quality of maternal health care in rural Ethiopia through increasing access to antenatal ultrasound imaging.
The project has conducted a quick assessment for target women, trainings were provided on obstetrical Ultrasound Imaging Acquisition Skills to selected health professionals in collaboration with the North Showa Zone Health Office and Selale University and also provided technical and material support including ultrasound machines with Samsung Galaxy tablets that were imported from Canada. In addition, CPAR installed internet services at each target health facilities, allowing for real-time consultation using Lumify technology among health facilities. For this project, CPAR is seeking two qualified candidates (part-time job) for Obstetrician/gynecologist position.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Interpret, write ultrasound report and feedback during remote consultation with ultrasound images,
- Provide feedback on patient care to the trained health professionals based on the ultrasound finding,
- Regular mentorship of trained health professionals to attain competency and skill on obstetric ultrasound examination and interpretation,
- Responsible to avail/dedicate her/himself for the upcoming 16 selected Saturdays which will be consecutive within four-month including campaigning,
- Responsible for effective communication with the IT specialist and Ethiopian RUAA Project Manager,
- Responsible for collaborating with Fitche Hospital management, gynecologist and the RUAA Project Coordinator to ensure that time commitments to this project do not cause any harm or decrease the standard of care for any patient,
- Report to the Country Program Manager and Administration & Finance Manager in the CPAR Ethiopia Country Office,
- Able to have access to internet connection during the remote consultation days
Required skills and experience
- Medical doctor with Bachelor of public health and Medicine;
- Masters / Specialty degree in obstetrics and gynecology with obstetric ultrasound training expertise will be an added advantage;
- At least 4 years’ professional experience
- Computer skills: proficiency in current office software applications.
- Fluency in oral and written English;
- Oromifa knowledge is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit or send their application letter and CV via email, post office or hand deliver to the CPAR Addis Ababa Office within 5 consecutive days of this advertisement being posted. Please indicate the position you apply for in the subject line of the application letter and/or the email.
We do not receive detail CVs, application letters, credentials and supporting documents at this point, the application letter should include salary expectation and when will you be available,
**Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply,
Only those that are short listed will be contacted.
Address: Bole Subcity, Wereda 13, Kebele 10,
Just at the back of Roba bakery, Gerji,
P.o.box: 462282 Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Email: [email protected]