EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information, visit website: https://www.icrc.org/
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Delegation in Ethiopia is looking to hire an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of Logistician (1 year fixed term contract) , based in Nekemte.
Logistician 1 manages logistics department routines and activities in a sub-delegation structure.
Must ensure that logistics practices and systems are in place and operational, providing technical and operational support for purchasing, warehousing, inventory, fleet and staff management plus statistics, in accordance with the ICRC’s logistics standards.
- Understands and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Understands and adheres to the ICRC Code of Conduct
- Understands the roles of the components of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Respects and always observes staff regulations and security rules
- Always represents the ICRC in a professional manner.
- Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers
- Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the ICRC
- May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure ICRC standards are always followed by all functions in all activities of LOG dept at the sub-structure;
- Sets up and maintain infrastructure and equipment in line with the needs, in collaboration with line managers;
- Plan, monitor and ensure that all logistics activities are compatible to financial rules and LOG strategy;
- Supervises, evaluate and provide feedback individually for team members for their performance;
- Is accountable for supply chain, purchasing, warehousing/inventory and fleet planning, reporting and training;
- Monitor and drives routine activities based on Tableau, Logistics Fields Checklist and proactively implement corrective actions to improve performance in a way to cope with LOG plus programs objectives;
- Ensure collaborative demand planning at operational level (SD) is carried out with all departments in line with their central management strategy and budget, sharing information in time and manner with line managers;
- Plan and monitor procurement processes (market surveys, purchase orders, supplier files, systems, etc.) and ensures that activities and documentation are carried out in time and manner according ICRC standards, being completely auditable, transparent and compatible to customers expectative for the programs of all departments;
- Plan and monitor warehouse and inventory management activities, checking weekly counting, layout organization, compound cleanness and maintenance, documentation, systems and KPIs, including medical items routines according ICRC guidelines, LOG and SD strategies;
- Plan and monitor fleet management activities; usage, consumption, preventive and corrective maintenance of vehicles, generators, tools, equipment and devices, spare parts, fuel and consumable materials, as well as, documentation, systems and KPIs, according ICRC guidelines.
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understands and ensure compatibility to the segregation of duties for the team in line with HR requirements;
- Supervises activities of the subordinates and ensure its proper execution and resources;
- Follow up and execute appraisals according PMD cycles on time and in fair manner;
- Engages and cooperates with all departments to achieve programs goals, within the ICRC standard and rules;
- Organizes regular meetings with the team to understand their needs, share proper information and objectives;
- Plans and coordinates the annual leave and compensations execution for the team, keeping operations running according its plans, minimizing operational impacts and shortage of resources;
- In cooperation with LSM, coordinates, supports and provide training for the team and applies disciplinary measures whenever required.
- Follows up on all work-related messages and correspondence with the relevant contacts and departments
- Is aware of the delegation’s objectives and has a good knowledge of the Movement and other contacts relevant to the position
- Collects and shares information to improve the ICRC’s understanding of the environment and humanitarian trends and responses
- Represents the ICRC in an appropriate way during activities, in meetings and in the field, and avoids any activity that may reflect negatively on the ICRC’s image
- Takes responsibility for their own professional learning and development
- As the connectivity in sub-delegation may be low or inexistent, the LSM should be able to execute his work with excel files and hard copies.
- The communication between SD and Delegation must be smooth and recurrent.
- BA Degree in Logistics and Supply Chain Management or related field
- training in administration or logistics, or equivalent experience is an asset
- Minimum three years' experience in Logistics Management.
- Good command of English, Amharic and Oromiffa.
- Computer literacy (Word, excel and others), mandatory
- Team-management experience an asset.
- Driving license (3rd grade) and should pass ICRC internal driving test.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should Submit the following through only ethiojobs.net website. OR you can submit your application to Nekemte sub delegation, (Kasso Sub city, Kebele 05, House No. 290, Nekemte)
- Updated Curriculum Vitae.
- A cover letter stating the location of the position and why you think you have the necessary skills and qualifications.
- Salary expectations.
Closing date: July 2, 2022
Women applicants and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted at all stages of the selection process.