Plan International is an independent non-profit organization that advances children’s well-being and equality for girls. Working in building powerful partnerships for children for over 75 years and present in 70 countries, Plan International strives for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children while working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners. Plan International Ethiopia is looking for Logistics and Administration Officer for Gambella Emergency Response Project who will be reporting to the Logistics and Administration Coordinator.
Accountabilities and MAIN WORK ACTIVITIES
Handling procurement activities (25%)
- Carryout products sourcing, collection of quotations/proforma and performing purchase transactions
- Ensures that purchased items and services meet the stated requirements and takes care of delivery to the Program Area office.
- Handle receiving, checking and authorizing weekly and monthly reports of the Store Keeper, Office Attendant, Drivers and Guards.
- Prepare comparative bid analysis for tender bids, takes minutes and reports outcome for the Tendering Committee
- Receive/collect invoices, arranges cash/cheques and withholding tax receipts with the Finance Department and makes payments when required
Scheduling logistic service (10%)
- Conduct vehicles and asset management and performance of the Sub-office and district level offices under the sub-office Logistics Unit, and periodic preparation of standardized operational and financial report Sub-office manager and PA Logistics Coordinator.
Ensuring security and utility provision (20%)
- Provide oversight of the project procurement and supply chain management; fleet management; property and fixed assets management, inventory management, and risk and security management of the Sub-Office
- Maintain a vehicle inventory for the PA and advises about vehicle allocation.
- Prepare the sub-office fleet management reporting on monthly basis.
- Carryout monthly analysis on emergency vehicle usage for decision making; prepare proper report and timely communicate to immediate supervisor
- Ensure the annual vehicles inspections of sub-office vehicles are timely done
Keeping stock records (15%)
- Ensure transparency of procurement process, purchasing and delivery of goods and services within prior agreed lead times and ensures that all purchases are properly documented
- Collect quotations as per the Procurement Guideline and forwards them to the supervisor; reports any difficulties (sourcing, stock outs, unavailability) immediately to the supervisor and consults the requestor when needed;
- Approve and sign weekly/monthly logbook, trip, and fuel records, monitors utilization, maintenance and fuel consumption for all emergency vehicles in Sub-Office
Supplier selection and contract arrangement (20%)
- Undertake timely collection of Performa invoices (quotes) as per the approved purchase requisition for goods and services
- Collect timely and relevant information about suppliers and market conditions and reporting supplier details, product lists and price lists to the Sub-office Manager and PA Logistics Coordinator.
- Maintain up-to-date Suppliers List and submits the list regularly for revision and endorsement to the Sub-office manager and Logistics Coordinator, Program Area Manager, Tendering Committee.
Admin Related Roles:
- Facilitate the incoming and outgoing letters, telephone calls, fax and emails
- Perform secretarial and clerical services such as printing, binding, scanning, sending
- Coordinate office set up in consultation with staffs
- Arrange office equipment and furniture required for staffs/office
- Perform the reception of guests
- Arrange travels, flights, reservations and hotel arrangements for staffs and guests
- Arrange meetings, workshops and follow up, check & endorse attendance of participants of meetings/workshops
- Prepare correspondence, memos, reports, presentations, and emails to local counterparts, donors or other related offices or agencies in relation to the office operations and record and maintain minutes of staff meetings, management meetings, and other general meetings as required & to the expected standard.
- Carry out other duties such as translation works, take minutes of office meetings as requested by the supervisor
- Update the filing system and manage filing the office documents for both hard and electronic copies.
- Keep documentation of all government and partners agreements, reports both in soft and hard copy maintained.
- Responsible for facilitating high level trainings, workshops and conferences
Capability Building and People Management:
- Provide overall vision and direction to the team in coordination, planning, prioritization, coaching and supervision.
- Support staff to understand and comply the organizational vision, mission, strategic direction and other organization policies.
- Ensure the team are operating as high-performance teams and have clear accountability lines (direct and matrix)
- Socialize and nurture Plan Values and Behaviours.
- Create an enabling working environment across different department units to foster excellent teamwork and high performing staff.
- Create a safe working place safeguarding.
- Establish, communicate and monitor standards of performance and behaviours of the team as integral part of Individual Accountability Plans (IAP), and key performance indicators (KPI’s) that are agreed annually, and monitored and updated regularly.
- Support team members to gain the necessary skills through learning and development
- Lead the team in line with the Country HR Manual and other guidelines.
- Engage in the performance management of functional subordinates by working closely with the functional subordinate’s line manager.
Within the scope of the role, there will be additional assignments as needed.
Seek and promote innovative ideas, approach to ensure quality of work
Safeguarding Children and Young People (Safeguarding) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI)
Understands and puts into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and GEI policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), ensuring that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
Ensures that the team members under supervision are properly inducted on and understands their role in upholding Plan International’s safeguarding and GEI policies;
Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in day-to-day work.
Ensures that Plan Ethiopia contributes to Plan International’s global efforts to ensure safeguarding and GEI, including making sure that relevant reporting and data are submitted.
Setting and communicating ambitious but realistic work goals and priorities, explaining how these contribute to Plan International's purpose.
Setting high standards for self and others' behaviour, inside and outside work. Championing our values and commitment to rights, gender equality and safeguarding. Supporting the health, well-being and both physical and psychological safety of our staff, including their safety to speak out.
Holding self and others to account for what we have agreed, dealing with poor performance quickly, firmly and constructively.
Creating a positive team spirit, helping people work well together, to reflect and continuously improve the efficiency and quality of what we do.
Collaborating with team members, colleagues and partners in finding creative solutions to problems by sharing information, experience and ideas and actively seeking their input.
Motivating and developing others by taking an interest, giving constructive feedback and praise, ensuring they are properly trained and helping them develop their potential.
Positive about change and supporting others in adjusting to it, helping them understand.
- Are aware of the values and the global strategy and understands why Plan International’s purpose is so important in advancing children’s rights and equality for girls globally. Understands and applies the principles of workplace safeguarding.
- Understands the planning procedures relevant to their role and contributes to annual planning where possible.
- Managing people and information including skills in assessment and coaching, evidence-based management and digital working, including personal digital skills.
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
Education: First Degree level or equivalent vocational study in fields such as Management, Human Resource Management or related fields
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience
- Experience of International NGO or demonstrated equivalent combination
- Excellent organisation and communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and deal with a range of incoming enquires – organisation is key to the success of this role.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook, also keen knowledge and experience of the importance of databases and their role in providing accurate management information.
- Able to form and maintain effective working relationships
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations,
· Fluency in English language is essential
· In addition to Amharic, Knowledge of other Local Languages is a desirable
Qualifications/ experience desirable:
- Ability to prioritize tasks and be able to deliver to right deadlines
- Experience in handling disciplinary cases
- Ability to provide training
- Experience in handling and participating in Recruitment
How to Apply
The closing date for the application is March 17, 2021 . Qualified candidates should submit their application with the below link.
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
Please note that:
· Applications and CVs written in English will be accepted and
· Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
· Please note that we are not accepting CVs that are not sent through the indicated link.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
More information about Plan International can be found on http:// plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organisation, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children's rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk. Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.