Reports To: Chief Operations Officer
Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Quality Improvement (MERQ) is a private consulting firm established by a team of enthusiastic Ethiopian professionals with a mix of medical, public health, program evaluation, health care quality, and capacity building backgrounds.
MERQ is a firm that aspires to be a pragmatic choice for those who are looking for genuine engagement in research, scientific inquiries, and program implementation. It has been operating in Ethiopia since 2013, has done several small-scale and large-scale undertakings of public health of social importance, and has collaborated with several local and international partners. Most of its engagements were contractual, and at the moment have expanded to grant management.
Duties and Responsibilities
Procurement Systems and Processes
- Responsible for introducing and reviewing procurement systems and processes to check whether it fits the required purpose
- Responsible for continued review and update of existing procurement manual
- Responsible for all local purchases as per the procedure specified in the Procurement manual.
- Keeping experts and/or programs/projects informed of the status of the purchasing process
- Responsible for local purchases of materials and capital items, using the process of bid collection and analysis as necessary, and deliver all purchase items (local and imported) to the storekeeper through official goods receiving note of the organization
- Maintain list of goods ordered, goods under transit, etc., collect purchased goods and deliver them to store
- Send quotation requests for suppliers and collect price quotations
- Follow up advertisements of bids in news papers
- Maintain record of list of goods ordered, goods under transit, etc, collect purchased goods and deliver them to store.
- Keeps database on suppliers and conducts regular search for alternatives
- Receives and inspect deliveries of materials
- Advises suppliers of defective goods delivered and arranges necessary follow ups
- Reconcile order prices against final invoices, invoices against goods receiving note and reports the difference to his/her supervisor.
- Collect and pay to third parties cheques from Finance for settlement of different payments and submit settlement documents as per the Financial policy
- Handle the process of printing of different organizational documents, research papers, certificates, vouchers etc.
- Responsible for the timely document clearance and soliciting of duty free import permission relating to offshore materials procured for projects
- Maintain separate and complete shipping document files for every batch of offshore materials imported, cleared and delivered to project/partners offices and fulfil any required custom facilities.
- Ensures proper TOR is prepared by users that highlights the kind of service required.
- Converts TOR into Bid/Request for Offer documents
- Advertise Bids/send Request for Offer document using the proper channel
- Collect offers and finalize selection process
- Draft contracts and seek legal advice to check whether MERQ Consulting plc is entering into a legally safe contract
- Advises projects/programs on contract related matters.
- Follows up on tenders from its publication, evaluation till awarding.
Logistics and Administration Services
- Responsible for all the necessary logistical arrangement to staff members and visitors.
- Ensure that all the systems in the building are working including but not limited to Water, Electricity, sewerage etc. and follow-up any maintenance need.
- Immediately report any malfunction of the machine and equipment in the office ensure that the switchboard and all other telephones are working at all times
- Work with cleaning personnel to keep office and toilets looking presentable and attractive at all times
- Works with office guards to ensure safety and security.
- Coordinates and facilitates the Procurement/Purchase of office related goods & services;
- Provide logistical support for workshops and meetings.
- Manage store in collaboration with Field and Admin Assistant
- Ensure the disposal of old items in store following the necessary procedure of asset disposal.
- Process visa and travel insurance for staff for an international visit and assist incoming visitors in visa process when required.
- Handle any issues in different government and different organizations when delegated
- Provide fleet service to different departments upon request.
- Ensure the utilization of log book and other formats according to fleet management manual
- Ensure the timely annual inspection, insurance coverage and renewal and proper maintenance of each vehicle.
- Follow up maintenance of vehicles
- If needed rent vehicle from agreed Rental Companies as per the request from the relevant departments
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Line Manager
- BA/BSc (or equivalent) in business administration, management, economics, accounting or related fields.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in procurement, office administration and logistics area
Competencies and Skills
- Demonstrated sound judgment, and ability to work effectively with others at all levels.
- Ability to effectively liaise with suppliers, government, NGOs and other relevant stakeholders
- Good planning, organizing, time management and decision-making skills
- Team player, with ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Ability to effectively multi-task, plan and prioritise work within competing tight deadlines.
- Ability to identify problems or risks and develop effective and timely solutions.
- Integrity, Objectivity, Confidentiality, Discipline and Punctuality
- Stress tolerance and patience;
- Good standard of English and Amharic
How to Apply
If you are interested and would like to apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] before midnight March 20, 2021. Please mention the position title on the subject and the CV and cover letter should be attached in the email as PDF format. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Note: Application for the vacancy should be only through the email address mentioned above.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.