- Company: Comitato Collaborazione Medica (CCM)
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Somali Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ethiopia
CCM (Comitato Collaborazione Medica) is an Italian NGO operating in Burundi, Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan and Uganda, specialized in the implementation of health-related projects in both humanitarian and development contexts.
CCM has conducted several interventions in Ethiopia since 1982. Most of CCM’s projects in Ethiopia – funded by institutional donors and private foundations – are mainly aimed to address the needs of vulnerable people from high migration areas, increasing access and quality of health services provided to them. Additionally, the current situation of Ethiopia and nearby countries has recently determined a high number of IDPs and refugees. In this regard, CCM is committed to (I) ensure the emergency response to the current humanitarian crisis; and (ii) preserve the health system from a possible consequence due to the humanitarian crisis
The project aims to improve the living conditions of internally displaced persons present both in informal camps and in host communities, in the woreda of MaddaWalabu (Bale zone) Liben and Gumi Eldalo (Guji zone) of Oromia Region and Karsadula and DekhaSuftu (Libe zone) in Somali Region, strengthening their resilience and reducing their social and economic vulnerability.
The project aims at the achievement of the following results:
- Improved the access and quality of basic health services in the camps and host communities, especially for the most vulnerable groups such as children and pregnant women.
- Improved the access to education, protection and social inclusion of internally displaced persons in host communities.
- Guaranteed better access to WASH infrastructures within the camps and in the host communities.
- Improved the food security of agro-pastoral communities by supporting agriculture and livestock.
In the frame of the project funded by the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation (AICS), CCM is seeking for qualified candidates for Logistics officer position
The reliable logistics manager to be responsible for the overall supply chain management. You will organize and monitor the storage and distribution of goods, plus liaise the office with other government and non-government offices in addition to suppliers etc. The goal is to manage the entire order cycle so as to enhance business development and ensure sustainability and customer, end user and our stake holders’ satisfaction.
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer services
- Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle, in general Stock, facility and equipment management,
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers, consumers and government office like CSA, Labour Office, Immigration and others.
- Give support and facilitate the project’s procurement and any support related to logistics raised by them,
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Arrange warehouse, catalogue goods, plan routes and process shipments,
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints
- Drivers and Vehicles fleet management.
- Supervise, coach and train warehouse workforce
- Customs clearance and shipment of goods to and from the field,
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
- Maintain metrics and analyse data to assess performance and implement improvements
- Comply with laws, regulations and ISO requirements
- Properly manage the office compound maintenance, follow-up and make sure that all office equipment are properly functional and take responsibility to maintain on time.
- Facilitate office telephone, CDMA, EVDO, Broad Band, other communication devices working properly, take immediate necessary actions and report,
- Update supplier list quarterly and report to the supervisor CA
- Overlook the performance of the vehicle and other office Assets, keep and truck proper records on Millage and record filling of fuels against the odometer readings, report monthly activity report related to the efficiency of the vehicle,
- Report immediately to the supervisor any irregularities within the compound and any damage, crash or accident happens on CCM vehicles,
- Follow-up the insurance to get back the employee payments or refunds, annual inspections of the vehicle,
- Responsible for the entire communication system,
- To ensure an accurate and up to date inventories of all CCM Fixed Assets and equipments
- Any other duties assigned by the immediate supervisor
DURATION: 21 months
- Proven working experience as a logistics manager
- Record of successful distribution and logistics management
- Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff
- Proficient in standard logistics software
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organisational skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
- Diploma or BS in Business Administration, Logistics or Supply Chain
How to Apply
To apply for these positions, please send a one-page motivation letter and a CV in PDF format, not more than three pages (1MB) without any scanned attachment of certificates or credentials to email@example.com quoting for the vacancy position in the subject. CCM is an equal opportunity employer. Women are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified