The Logistics & Procurement Officer will be responsible for assisting the program manager in determining the timeline and priorities for pricing and procurement for all supplies needed including all technical assistance related to West Gujji Gelana Project. The Logistician will be responsible for efficient procurement and movement of goods and services including freight, warehousing, material packaging, inventory tracking and control, warehouse site selection, order processing, and market forecasting for continued stocking of project consumables.
- Handle regular procurement works and properly tracking and documenting the whole process.
- Following a standard cost driven supply chain, the logistician will be responsible for obtaining, storing, and distributing the necessary inventory.
- Participate in following market prices, updating suppliers and price list.
- Responsible for supporting the co-ordination, planning and execution, and monitoring of supply chain operations in an organization.
- Responsible for documentations, including preparing paper works for outbound shipments, and reviewing shipment documents such as BOL, ( bill of landing definition) invoices, and packing lists, as well as maintaining inventory of shipping supplies.
- Responsible for the coordination of incoming goods and daily dispatches as per requirements.
- Maintain structure and organization of warehouse following a detailed inventory system and maintaining an ongoing tracker for both durable items as well as consumables.
- Support clinical leadership to enforce compliance with standards in storage and distribution of supplies, or pharmaceuticals.
- Provide relevant logistical data to management to support operational needs and the program development process.
- Provide relevant logistical data to management to support operational needs and the Liaise with suppliers to create realistic delivery schedules and compare actual deliveries in order to evaluate supplier performance and responsiveness.
- Ensure materials are received, stored, shipped, and reported in accordance with established procedures and Government guideline/regulations. Travels to field sites to receive and inspect goods delivered directly to the filed.
- Support the Medical coordinator in monitoring of the equipment, supplies, or pharmaceuticals.
- Stay current with knowledge of dispatch, logistics planning, and effective supplier managements.
- Support on other tasks when required and any other related tasks assigned by the line manager.
Education / Experience Needed
- BA in logistics, supply chain management, purchasing management, Business management, Marketing management, or related field of study.
- At least 2 years previous field experience in relief NGO
- Has experience in logistics-Medical logistics a plus
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Attention to detail, anticipation and follow up are core values of the job function.
- Must be a self-starter and internally driven to success and hard work.
- Possesses strong cross-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Willingness to travel in and out of the field.
- High level of integrity and stewardship
- Committed to the SP values and ethics
- local Language
- Good command in written and spoken English
How to ApplyInterested applicants can send ONLY updated CV and application letter to [email protected] no later than October 26, 2020. Please write the position title you are applying for in the email subject line, ''Logistics and Procurement Officer ''.