ROLE PURPOSE: Livelihood Improvement for Women and Youth [LI-WAY] Program
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Senior Program Manager
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
Business Cases and partnership development and Facilitation :
- Facilitate the development and timely updating/revision of the Skill Development Sector with emerging evidences and information for identified supporting functions and rules and making sure that the cross cutting issues such as child protection, social protection, human rights, gender etc. are mainstreamed in all levels of the program.
- Taking initiative in proposing and co-creating strategic and systemic interventions that contribute to and/or improve the performance of prioritized supporting functions/rules.
- Take technical leadership in mapping out and selecting potential stakeholders’/market players (training centres, Private and the relevant public sectors, Civil Society Organizations etc…) that align with prioritized supporting functions/rules and strategic interventions.
- Coordinate and facilitate partnership and synergy amongst key stakeholders in order to implement agreed systemic interventions.
- Technically support the co-creation of innovative business cases with the selected stakeholders for piloting and roll out systems.
- Provide catalytic and facilitative supports to key stakeholders while developing innovative ideas and implementation of systemic interventions.
- With support from the team leader, carry out market assessments and develop sector-focused strategies, interventions and business cases.
- Ensure an integrated approach to program implementation in order to maximize resource utilization and synergy between the staff and different Save the Children Program
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring positive recognition to Save the Children Ethiopia.
Monitoring and Evaluation :
- Work with monitoring and evaluation team in all phases of programs
- Aware and apply the monitoring and result measurement tools which are align with market system development approaches and principles
- Create a dynamic program environment that promotes inquiry;
- Take primary responsibility for sector-focused data gathering;
- Support the development and continual revision of a dynamic, program-wide monitoring and evaluation system linked to program strategies, indicators, and information management tools, which supports program management, accountability and learning.
- Produce periodic written reports on the program activities capturing impacts related to all activities.
- Conceptualize and implement market diagnostic research efforts as opportunities arise.
- Ensure close coordination and sharing of information with other stakeholders such as other donors, other NGOs, and local authorities.
- Facilitate regular technical working group meetings with all relevant stakeholders to improve coordination and synergy among various components/interventions
- Support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to SCI standards guiding while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
External Representation, Networking and Coordination:
- Facilitate establishment and maintenance of relationships with system market players, local communities,
- Introduce the program to relevant stakeholders including local business owners, local representatives and community members. Foster ongoing positive cooperation with these stakeholders;
- Facilitate and maintain contact with all key actors as relevant for program implementation –government ministries, local authorities including Kebeles, Woredas and sub-cities, and establish mechanisms for contacting local community organizations and partners and other local NGOs/CBOs in line with key LI-WAY areas of work
- Identify, assess and develop partnership strategies for potential private sector LI-WAY partners
- Represent the organization and the program at different events/meetings and make messages and advocacy on behalf the program/ consortium/ organization.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum BA Degree – preferably Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Development Management, Development Economics or other relevant social science field is preferred.
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in NGO context with positions of progressively senior technical responsibilities. Experiences of urban youth livelihoods development and implementation has a plus value.
- Creative problem solver with strong private sector experience, experiences/ exposure to the development and implementation of sustainable and scalable intervention has added values.
- Strong writing, communication, organization, prioritization, interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Experience in building and maintaining strong/productive relations with implementing and strategic partner agencies is preferred. This includes coordinating with government authorities and counterparts.
- Proven competencies to easily get along and work with a range of program team members and market players from various backgrounds
- Strong analysis of Livelihoods including market facilitation skills and ability to summarize and communicate this to a range of audiences.
- Practical understanding of the challenges and opportunities in realizing children’s rights in Ethiopia, in relation to food security and livelihood thematic area.
- Proven conceptual skills and an ability to think and plan strategically
- Proven ability to manage a complex and demanding workload
- Good spoken and written English
- Good computer skills (particularly Excel, Word and databases)
- Commitment to Save the Children child protection policies.
How to Apply
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.